south mississippi

Yep I was pulling the sacred heart French club float, there where so many people there. I won't be able to make it on a Tuesday but I wish yall the best, i going to try and get a couple hours in tomorrow if any of yall want to come

Well, I got out for a couple hours this morning, 7 quarters 9 dimes, 6 pennies and a 1956 wheat cent. Not to shabby for a short hunt

I think we had a good day at Camp Shelby I found my first Mercury dime and a 1944 wheat penny bronco found some good stuff to but I wi lit him tell y'all

We didn't find anything else after you left. Oh well. Got the stuff where I could read most of it. Drivers Badge, two 13 star buttons - (any info is appreciated), three wheats -1914, 1929, 1942, two clads and about 4,000 spent blanks. We will try to set another run up before it gets too warm. Perfect rattler habitat. campshelby.JPG

Wow that is awesome!!!! Good job guys! Let me know when yall go again(hopefully on a weekend) I would love to come too

If ya'll can plan an evening after work let me know... Be best bet for us 4.

Who would be interested in Shelby and what's good for you? It being Valentine's this weekend, I am sure most will be doing the right thing and spending quality time with your sweetie, aka scoring points so you can go MDing. You really need some time to spend there, its a lot of ground, rough in spots, tons of spent shells and has been hunted for many years and by many people. We were there from 8:30 to 3:30 and going almost the whole time, finished with 9 coins, 2 buttons and a badge between three of us. I do want to go again so lets see what we can plan.

The other guys have church on Monday and Wednesday nights, and I do on Wednesdays. So Tuesday Thursday or Friday works for us if we go after work. This week is booked though. Class tomorrow, killing hogs Friday evening. Grinding them Saturday morning, and kids birthday Saturday evening.

I am down for a Shelby trip for sure!

Bronco, did I see you on the news last night? Talking about a community orchard?

Yes, did they get my good side, I missed it. Hope I didn't sound too much like a redneck. OH wait, too late for that.

Andy!
I haven't been monitoring the Miss. forum. I'd like to be in on the next outing.
Better for me would be staying a night and if not detecting two days, one fishing, one detecting would work.
If its over 50, not raining, three day notice---- I'm there.
Ray

Hey Ray, you want me to send a limo to get you. Just kidding my friend. We have been doing a little a Shelby and want to line up another full day there, a lot of area still to cover. I promise give more notice on the next one. A few of us went yesterday for a few hours, slow on targets but did find a '39 dime so I do what to go back. You have any weekends that work better.

Sorry I couldn't make the last hunt lit me know when yall go again

We had a good time, I found a couple of buttons and a part to an old gun cleaning kit. Bronco found a 39 merc. All In all we had a really good time. I am ready to go again, even if it is just around town.

Hey Ray, you want me to send a limo to get you. Just kidding my friend. We have been doing a little a Shelby and want to line up another full day there, a lot of area still to cover. I promise give more notice on the next one. A few of us went yesterday for a few hours, slow on targets but did find a '39 dime so I do what to go back. You have any weekends that work better.

Actually a have these next two or three Saturday's filled. This sat is brother in law's 70th birthday bash. Next sat is Diana Ross with gf, and 3/6- 12th fishing in Texas. Lets plan the weekend after or next. Let me know what works for you. I'd still like to stay a night and do two days.
If you're ever close, let me know. I pulled 4 silver, 6 wheats and a couple old pharm. bottles in city park here a few weeks back. In less than two hours. In 3-5in of spread fill. Fun!!
Ray

Been on the net trying to find old county maps and old camp shelby maps

The museum is closed till late March but here are a ton of pictures. Haven't checked them all out, a lot of neat pics. Mississippi Armed Forces Museum Got a few ideas on where to try next, rode a little before I left the other evening. Need to scout a couple more roads, bunch of thick timber that won't help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back