In August I found a gold chain with a medalian. I found it with my Whites Dual Field. I got home and took the medalian off the chain and checked the chain by itself to see if the dual field would see it. It did NOT. I also have an Aquasound with a 10" coil, and it did NOT see the chain. I have a Radio Shack detector with an 8" coil and it did NOT see the chain. However, I also have a Tesorro Tiger Shark with a 3"x16" Clean Sweep DD coil on it. Now this detector/coil combo only gets a max of about 6" on a quarter, but it saw the gold chain at 3". It was hard to believe, but the Tesorro Tiger Shark was the only detector I have that was able to see the chain, and it is certainly not the most expensive one I have. I do not have a Minelab, but I understand that it will not see a thin chain like the one I tested. (I posted the Chain in: "Its been a long dry season, a Few firsts for me")(I can't seem to figure out how to post the photo in this thread.) Hamid, Good luck finding the big gold and the small gold. HH, Papa