sovereign xs

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Hello everyone,
I am looking for an upgraded detector for my self..I have only been out twice but want a better machine...I don't want to spend a ton of cash...I put an ad on craigslist and some one responded about a sovereign xs
I tried to search around for info about one but havent been able to see too much.Is this an older detector?Is it good? I don't want to email this guy back If I haven't got my info together..He said he paid $700 which is way out of my range and he said he barely used it....Also maybe a round about value to offer if this is indeed a great machine..I will try to hunt beaches parks yards etc for any thing but pulltabs LOL Ive heard "Dig Everything!" Thanks in advance
Gerald

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I can't talk too much about the Sov XS, but I'm sure a lot of it's users will chime in.

I just wanted to ask, what is your budget?

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Ideally I dont want to go over $300-$350 I'm not being cheap But cash is tight these days...Also a display would be nice...I also want a machine that can be upgraded(coils etc)
Gerald

Willy

The $300-$350 range sounds about right for an XS. I wouldn't bother getting a display for it since it has such impressive audio. Despite any negative comments I have made re. the Sov., the info. that can be gleaned from the audio is nothing short of phenomenal. Just swing it slow and get used to the dragging tones and you're set. ..Willy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XS is still a good machine and there are many coils available for it still. You can always go to a newer one later if you feel you want too. Forget the displays as these lie to you most times and if you rely on it, you'll leave a lot of good stuff in the ground. Around 90% of the gold rings lost are in the pull tab range so if you are in sand where the digging is easy, go for it cause you never know.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A good buy on a used XS is around $350.00 myself I have a Sovereign XS and a Sovereign GT. And from the first Sovereign they made to the last one the GT the diffrence is that would put more switches on them that did not really do anything........... I like my XS better than the GT and will use it before i use the GT and i have a Musketeer that i like.............. The XS is a very good detector and is not out dated. Most like the first Sovereign and the XS..series of Sovereigns better than the GT and the Elite...............==Jim_K==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread