What's new

SoWeGa Restored banner stone

kinchafoonee

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
373
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another one done by Gomer. Personal find.
 

Attachments

  • Copy of 09-164b.webp
    Copy of 09-164b.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC03627.webp
    DSC03627.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC03629.webp
    DSC03629.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC03631.webp
    DSC03631.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
He does a good job... looks like he does alot.
I can't see doing that myself but they look cool.
I think I would always just see a broken piece.
Do you do that to ancient breaks from use?
 
Last edited:
He does a good job... looks like he does alot.
I can't see doing that myself but they look cool.
I think I would always just see a broken piece.
Do you do that to ancient breaks from use?

Some don't agree with restoration, some do. Personal choice I guess. I look at it this way, if I can take a piece that has been in my junk box, in my closet, and restore it for display and study, why not. Plus I always represent them as restorations. He repairs them with a UV visible repair, so the unscrupulous can't pass them off as whole artifact. The restoration can always be removed if I choose to do so.
 
They look great.. that's for sure.
 
That one is a keeper. He did a nice job. So when he does this repair can you feel a difference in the piece?
 
That one is a keeper. He did a nice job. So when he does this repair can you feel a difference in the piece?

I can't tell which half is original, and which half is restored on this one. He uses a UV enhancement in his work so you can tell the difference under black light. He does this so the unscrupulous can't offer them for sale or trade complete artifacts. They also do pottery and other items besides Native American artifacts. Check out this page for some great examples of their work. AustinDiggers.Com - Dr. Gomer Arrowheads Restorations Services - Arrowhead Repairs and
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom