Spanish Bronze Cannon

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
it depends on the year the cannon was cast. what town it was cast at. whether it was used by the navy or field forces. where it was found. the cost depends on so many deferent variables. go to this site and use the contact us button. tell them what you have.

Treasure Hunting Site by Mel Fisher
Mel Fisher shipwreck Salvage operations site detailing both the past and present excitement of the search for the Nuestra Senora de Atocha and her sister ship the Santa Margarita as well as the 1715 Shipwreck fleet.
www.melfisher.com

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach
Bronze cannon

I have been a treasure finder for more than 35 years, and when I left south Florida where I spent half of my life, I met some individuals who sold bronze cannons. In 1990, bronze cannons would bring about $30,000. There is a friend of mine still living in south Fla. who had a museum, and treasure outlet in the Fla. Keys that just might know of potential buyers. His museum was Somewhere-in-Time.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gosh, that is a little pricey, but I sure would like to have one as a hood ornament on my car! :lol: Do you have pictures of this gun? Any seals or emblems?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a rule of thumb, bronze cannons go for about $50,000 and iron cannons go for $20,000. Any museum would be interested in buying one. The University of South Florida in Tampa purchased a cannon found in Tampa Bay by a private individual around 1968 and has it on display on campus.

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
that is such an awsome find, i was suprised that the post kind of faded away, where'd ya find that baby, international waters of course ;) , did you have any pic's of it you could post , i found a cannon years ago i was about 17 at the time snorkeling at Boon island, Maine, i made the mistake of telling a few people at the dock and dive shop about it, next thing you know, i was chased away by the CG and the marine patrol, eventually the university of Maine claimed it as there own :'( , probably better off that way though, as it probably would have just turned into a pile of rust / dust in my yard and i would have been cruxified if they found out i had salvaged it, as it was quite a historic local wreck "the Nottingham Galley" , thats ok though, as i may know where a few more may be ;) , i hope you made out big time on it, but i don't know if i could ever part with a treasure like that.
Pat

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Lobsterman,
I want to apologise for being snippy and wanting to know why you wanted to know about the bronze cannon. Since big brother is always looking over our shoulders and trying to take everything away from us, I was wary about who you were and what your point in knowing was, For the sake of EVERYONE THAT MONITORS THESE BOARDS, lets just say that I left it on the bottom of the sea. Lobsterman, I know that everyone has dreams of finding cannons and treasure. If you really want to find old cannons, I can send you a map of an old privateer that has cannons laying around in shallow water. I never did do any salvage on this site. I found it while on vacation in the caribbean. You can actually snorkle on some of the cannons. Pay the postage and the map is free. I have too many sites to work in my life time and I could never work all of them professionally. Contact me off line and I will send you the map.
Old Man( Also known as Capt. Ed )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread