๐Ÿ”Ž UNIDENTIFIED Spanish? From where?

DANNYGEE

Oct 27, 2005
GREENLAWN, NY (LONG ISLAND)
Detector(s) used
2-6000 di pros
53C19132-1E61-4584-B9B8-0537D3B2AF4E.jpeg
Dont know much about these. Found on Florida beach.
82BC8E6A-264A-46E4-8D5E-BD0FB9265ABA.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a Cobb
I'm sure the experts will chime in soon with an ID
Looks pretty nice though, but I'm not adverse in the topic either.
Nice recovery ๐Ÿ‘

Upvote 0

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Make the post over here & see if it can be identified.

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cobb coin....and yes spanish....the mint mark would be on the left of the shield, and I can't quite make it out ??

I believe Mexican in origin and I would guess a 1715 fleet piece. Looks genuine but need more pics....possibly a 1733 fleet piece, but not to many of those around compared to 1715 pieces.

As far as denomination we would need weight to make a better guess, but looks 4 reale size...would help to have another coin in photo for size reference.

Guessing with very little info I would say 1715 fleet 4 reale cobb coin of Mexican mintage....thats just a guess and I would ask the guys on the spanish cobb coin forum....they are much more educated than me. Good luck with id, and congrats.

Upvote 5

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 2

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what the last person holding that before you was doing. History/this hobby is sooo awesome. North America is like the global wild west, love the find!
Well if its from the 1715 fleet....that person was barley surviving on a very wild and rough island sand dune preying for rescue, or trying to walk to st. Augustine....the only settlement of any size in florida at the time.....they would have been attacked by everything from mosquitos and sand flies, to Indians and pirates. The last person to hold that from that time was shipwrecked on a hostile shore !! I wish they would make the movie already.....then the sequel could be the 1733 fleet disaster!!

Upvote 3

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well if its from the 1715 fleet....that person was barley surviving on a very wild and rough island sand dune preying for rescue, or trying to walk to st. Augustine....the only settlement of any size in florida at the time.....they would have been attacked by everything from mosquitos and sand flies, to Indians and pirates. The last person to hold that from that time was shipwrecked on a hostile shore !! I wish they would make the movie already.....then the sequel could be the 1733 fleet disaster!!
Certainly paints a picture, and I bitch about commuting to work!

Upvote 1

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life was tough back then on a Florida โ›ฑ Beach!! I can't even imagine what wild animals were around....I guess all of them !!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread