Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's hard to imagine it being done naturally but it could be.

Doubt it's Native American ... too high, too recent. However, it is probably not natural. Look for marks that show binding of some sort.

Commonly referred to as "horse & rider tree", likely "hoot owl" (outlaw) tree.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I'm having a thought of just how much time did the the outlaws at the turn of the century have to set up there treasure stash and how many of the knew of geometry and common signs to use for the markers.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a thought of just how much time did the the outlaws at the turn of the century have to set up there treasure stash and how many of the knew of geometry and common signs to use for the markers.

Orangeman.
I am of the opinion that those outlaws were former, unemployed, soldiers that had first hand knowledge of KGC handywork. Probably as lower rank and file.

They probably worked on several caches, possibly even hit a few Spanish caches, just because they paid attention when they were soldiers.

When the highlife dwindled, they turned to the banks and trains for new income, and returned to the old sites to cover their new found income. After all, those worked well for the purpose.

Clearly, they couldn't deposit it in a bank.

IMHO.
#/;0) ~

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Mike, the 1st sign I found that was Spanish was 1/2 mile due East of the Post Office in down town Ozark in 1963, If you would like to find Vaults in your area use Google Earth, go Magnetic South, N. E. W. of your area of interest to 1/2 mile East of Ozark should put you Very close to a Vault at 25 miles ( 10 leagues ) Increments. You can find every thing using that theory. They did things Spot On. Mine tunnels are deep, but not vaults / settlers allotments. Good Luck dsty

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dsty.

Using those distances and azamuth, if I traveled in a southerly direction from my old site and you traveled from yours in a northerly direction, we would almost meet near the Lost Louisiana. Perhaps directly half way between.

Lengendary. ¿?

#/;0{> ~

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, the 1st sign I found that was Spanish was 1/2 mile due East of the Post Office in down town Ozark in 1963, If you would like to find Vaults in your area use Google Earth, go Magnetic South, N. E. W. of your area of interest to 1/2 mile East of Ozark should put you Very close to a Vault at 25 miles ( 10 leagues ) Increments. You can find every thing using that theory. They did things Spot On. Mine tunnels are deep, but not vaults / settlers allotments. Good Luck dsty

Dsty,
Was that the Spanish cross you found on the bluff?
Thanks,
-Weekender

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
No sir it was the letter A as the treasure books indicated ( very few at that time ) was the letter" A " when it was carved as seen indicated that something buried in a near by land mark which the crevis has the boulder wedged in the crack, I could throw a rock and hit the Arkansas R, bluff was about 50 ft high, Sheer drop. I was working for Charley Wells ( Wells elect ) in van buren. Very Good Folks If I remember is that the slope of the mountain went to the West down hill and the north was pretty much flat. There may have been a cross in the area but I was Green as a gourd. Seems that Cross's appear around Religious / Money /, vaults, weekender, Every move that the Spanish made was Recorded and Exact according to the Papers / records/ in Spain and Old Mexico. Every inch was surveyed Coast to Coast and Border to Boarder and its Exact.

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dsty, is that Ozark, MO your referring to ?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks like a long trail of churches cross member may indicate trail of churches going north /south main body may be going e / w/ possibly near a river bed O = 15 leagues / 45 miles, looks like the lay out for a settlers system, left to right count the squares should match the 15

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello 22 some times caves such as you describe 5' 6" ceiling 10 foot deep, ( or in my case an old silver mine south of Terrell Oklalahoma on the north bank of the Red River, Its Blowed now ) sometimes get mistaken as a vault used kinda like a store that the Spanish used to store tools and such when needed and replenished when needed, I believe if it is another can be found DUE ( magnetic ) east / west / north / or south, every 25 miles check one of the direction that easiest to get to verify, soil conservation free maps from the county could help. Easier to drive if you can

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Mark60, Something interesting started messing in side my head, Folks really don't think about the long haul either, The Spot you Have Located, There's another one in Colorado ( WEST ) I believe its 26 lines of Initials, Spanish Used Numbers and Letters Identify. I believe there's another one in Utah The League Square' s 5 Rows Horzional and 5 rows vertical containing 25 Square leagues, each using 25 letter's of the alphabet. To identify it' the number's are joined one leg of a H will Make the U on a J, end result------ 810 ----- It will be in NE corner of the Square League, lightly carved and will have another identifying carving with it. The vertical and horzional 1840 map of New Spain there's several t find one that has Texas, and measure from that Lines East and West measured from London, and lined North and South Distance is measured in seconds and such

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
But some of those sights are pretty deep and require time that they didn't have much of.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There's a story of some men robbing a bank in Russellville back in the day a possie run them through hector up the mountain through Tully and over toward chimes they stopped a stood on a horse and dropped the money down a hollow tree.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There's a few stories about bank robbers from Russellville and them going to chimes.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466723522.881978.jpg . This is on the side of a bluff where to good size creeks come together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread