What's new

Spanish Silver

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,966
Golden Thread
2
Location
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the other night on a family supper, my father in-law asked me to take him out detecting sometime. Hmmmmm I thought what a better excuse to take off work and get out for a day of detecting. Tried a site close to home that just didn't pan out so decided to try a field that produces a lot of early coppers and buttons. I had a good feeling that old silver was floating around there somewhere... Yup I was right, managed to get this 1797 2 Reale silver coin. My other Spanish are all from the early 1700's so this was nice to see come out of the ground. Also got a ram rod thimble, dress weight, buttons, buckles, musket balls and crusty coppers. I decided to start collecting the broken glass and pottery for a display idea...
My father in-law did manage a few crusty coppers and buttons, he's very interested in getting out again in the near future...a detectorist is born!
 

Attachments

  • 2 Reale 1797.webp
    2 Reale 1797.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 1797 2 R.webp
    1797 2 R.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 525
  • 2015-11-05 PIPI.webp
    2015-11-05 PIPI.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 62
Many more days ahead of hanging out with your father in law.....It could be good or bad.:laughing7:
 
A fine looking coin !!
Minted in Nueva Guatemala (NG mint mark)
Assayer "M" was Manuel Eusebio Sanchez
The coin is 89.6% fine silver.
Don.......
 
Cob is my target but that one would do just fine until that day...... Congrats!
 
Steve,

Good score on the Spanish silver....how many have you found over the years?

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I knew that field had to hold a silver! You're on quite a roll lately, that 8R is out there somewhere!
 
If there was a hunt to get the juices flowing in a newbie this it! Congrats on the Spanish silver and the relics.:occasion14:
 
Reminds me of the old Loverboy song.... "The coil is hot tonight" :happysmiley:
 
WAY TO GO PATRIOT FINE LOOKING COIN AND QUALITY TIME WITH FATHER IN LAW , PRICELESS .......
 
You got a horseshoe someplace

A little more competition in the neighbourhood will sharpen you up a bit and then youll start finding some good stuff
Actually you are doing pretty good lately and now I'm jealous
 
You got a horseshoe someplace

A little more competition in the neighbourhood will sharpen you up a bit and then youll start finding some good stuff
Actually you are doing pretty good lately and now I'm jealous



I think he's scared of the damage the Iron Bros can do. :headbang:


#backtobackcannonballs
 
That's a nice big ol silver there. I've found a 1/2r, 1r, and 8r so I'm super jealous of that 2r!!! And best of all you got to impress your father in law.

Congrats!!

Steve
 
Cob is my target but that one would do just fine until that day...... Congrats!

That's my goal as well as a 8 Reale...maybe Sunday!
 
You got a horseshoe someplace

A little more competition in the neighbourhood will sharpen you up a bit and then youll start finding some good stuff
Actually you are doing pretty good lately and now I'm jealous

Just a little payback for all the good stuff I've seen you dig :)
 
That's a nice big ol silver there. I've found a 1/2r, 1r, and 8r so I'm super jealous of that 2r!!! And best of all you got to impress your father in law.

Congrats!!

Steve

Jealous of that 8 Reale you got...sure you'll get your 2R
 
Nice digs patriot. That is one good looking coin HH gl
 
That's a beauty brother! I've got the cob,1/2,1, and 2R. I would love to get a big fat 8 someday. You'll get that cob buddy. Only a matter of time on the nice old ground you hunt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom