What's new

Spear head ?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
2,824
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...this was found in the CA mountains near "Indian rock camp"...was it from a spear? RSCN3845.webpRSCN3846.webp
 
Upvote 0
i would think knife,looks like it was made to go into a bone handle,but im no expert
 
would have been a 3 incher unbroken. Is that a drill hole mark? I don't think the stem is long enough for it to be a hafted blade. maybe a big point. Just guessing.:icon_thumright: Good find!
 
i don't believe it was a lanceolate, more likely a dart or knife form.
 
OK...thanks guys..that tells me a lot more than I knew! And yes outlaw I was wondering about that drill like hole to!? Why would anyone want to do that...NA bling? lol
 
Nice material shame that one is broken.
Looks like a projectile point to me probably archaic...hafted to a shaft and thrown with an atlatl.
It could possibly be a knife hard to say without more of the blade visible
I think that little indent on the stem is where a fossil inclusion popped out of the flint.
 
From what I see it was a knife blade JMO it's a good find:icon_thumleft:
 
It's a knife blade that would of eventually been a projectile point nice find ;)))()
 
...you guys are being very helpful, thanks! I suppose because it's so broken it's pretty hard to tell exactly...but I believe what you "experts" have to say :) Does anyone have a knife picture of what it would have looked like so I'd have a better understanding of what's what and go's where? lol
 
ForumRunner_20131231_223354.webp
This one is just over 3"
I'm not sure yours was a knife.. but it was stemmed like this middle archaic point I found.
 
Last edited:
Thank you GatorBoy for the pic, that helps and your arrowhead is very nice to! Have a Happy New Year...soon :)
 
You too! Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom