What's new

Spear point?

johnash15

Full Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
214
Reaction score
291
Golden Thread
0
Location
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
I've found lots of Indian artifacts in the past but never really got into the research aspect of the hobby. I'm more into detecting. Found this yesterday in the middle of a trail while looking for a colonial home site in the pee dee area of South Carolina. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image-2999223272.webp
    image-2999223272.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Looks like an Agate Basin or a Sedalia. Nice find.
 
Pretty sure..for your area that's a nice big Guilford straight base point made of rayholite.
6,500 - 5,000 BP.
One of the best rayholite Guilfords I've seen.
 
Last edited:
you the man gator...how did you get so savy.
 
Thanks for the replies. That's the second nice big spear point I've found and both finds were while detecting. I field hunt as most do for Indian artifacts but rarely find nice big stuff. This area has never seen a plow. Right place right time lol. I'm stoked!
 
I'd check out any shoreline nearby.
 
It's all swamps near me. I'd probably sink to my ass trying to find the main run, but I guess when the waters low I might have a chance. It'd probably be hard to find clean ground though. I may be wrong.
 
great point thanks for sharing
 
I'll try to post a pic of the other one when I get home.
 
Thats a nice big artifact, Great find!
 
Here's the one I found years back the same way.
 

Attachments

  • image-30559841.webp
    image-30559841.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1844952273.webp
    image-1844952273.webp
    40 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom