What's new

Spear point

collector01

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,142
Golden Thread
1
Location
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday in the field where I found the axe. Is it considered a spear point when they are this big. And I'm not sure what kind it is haven't seen a stem like it before.
 

Attachments

  • image-2943910829.webp
    image-2943910829.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
I would consider it a knife rather than a spear, and probably of the Delmarva Morrow Mountain variety. It is probably too big to have penetrated an animals body if thrown as a spear or atlatl dart, and might have just made it mad. I would love to see a close up of the smaller "anchor" shaped artifact closer to your thumb, is it chipped stone or metal? If stone, that is going to be a rare and unusual piece. Thank you.
 
Not sure where you are but it looks like a Morrow Mountain to me
 
I think Morrow Mountain too.Nice finds
 
Not sure if it was a knife or a spear point, it's real hard to say because most spear points were not a big has most of us think they would have been. Even with the tip broken it's still a good find:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom