Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I couldn't believe it. Somebody took the tractor mower through an overgrown area on the outer fringes of my spot. I feel like there is great potential here, and now that it's been pruned back, I can use the John Deere zero turn to maintain it.

Haven't found an Edward this year yet, so I'm pretty happy with today's digs. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378408.982321.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378480.235525.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378524.808646.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378582.162711.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378637.985880.jpg

Upvote 16
Wow. Wish my 1902 looked as good as yours lol. Looks like a lady's garter fastener on the right in second pic. Good luck at your new spot!

Great haul! Super coins and the crucifix and brooch look old too! Congrats, Sub 8-)

Looks like you got one helluva site there....now you gotta decide between playing that gorgeous guitar or digging great coins and relics :laughing7:

Those are some solid finds right there ! A couple of five centers that could hardly be more different from each other , Well done !

Looks like you got one helluva site there....now you gotta decide between playing that gorgeous guitar or digging great coins and relics :laughing7:

Lol, the guitar will keep me sane while I can't detect in the dark and the rain! Hopefully this spot has more goods to offer!

Those are some solid finds right there ! A couple of five centers that could hardly be more different from each other , Well done !

Yeah no kidding lol, big and brown to small and shiny. I love v nicks, but the fishscales are one of my fav things to dig. I'm always impressed when I manage to find one, they're so small. These two together in the hole gave a weird signal, but it was a no brainer to dig.

Nice spot with good soil, would love to find one of those small silvers, who knows maybe someday :hello2:

great old silver and that V nick is in awesome shape, I see a couple model t valve stems also, great hunt!

Wonderful finds J.C. I truly would love to find a U.S. V nickel. Yes Edward silver are tougher, he wasn"t the king for long eh. I got an Eddie dime a few days ago and it's weird. The king side is pretty good yet the date side is super worn, go figure. Oh B.T.W., that Barber 1909 or whatever... I checked and it did not have an S. I took pics but forgot to post.

Very nice finds JC! That nickel is really sweet, the ones around here just don't come out nice like that one. Well done.

CACHE WHAT A NICE CROSS NECKLACE FIND ....

great old silver and that V nick is in awesome shape, I see a couple model t valve stems also, great hunt!

Model T valve stems, I had no idea! That sure makes them a lot cooler than I thought!

Wonderful finds J.C. I truly would love to find a U.S. V nickel. Yes Edward silver are tougher, he wasn"t the king for long eh. I got an Eddie dime a few days ago and it's weird. The king side is pretty good yet the date side is super worn, go figure. Oh B.T.W., that Barber 1909 or whatever... I checked and it did not have an S. I took pics but forgot to post.

A few years ago I found a silver George V dime that sounds like yours--fairly good obverse but the reverse was almost smooth, strange. Too bad about your 1903 not having an S lol...next time!

To everyone who commented on soil condition, yes I'm lucky to have fairly gentle soil, most of my old nickels come out in decent shape. I also don't hunt crop fields, so no fertilizer to cause corrosion.

Finding silver and nickel together is a great find. It is always an interesting signal. Yes, definitely go back to that area. Oh and the fish scale is sweet. Love finding those little guys.

To everyone who commented on soil condition, yes I'm lucky to have fairly gentle soil, most of my old nickels come out in decent shape. I also don't hunt crop fields, so no fertilizer to cause corrosion.

You are lucky J.C. The mineralized crapulant soil around here leaves semi corroded lime encrusted messes about half the time. Up around Prince Albert the rich black loam had coins popping out like they were freshly dropped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back