Sponsored detecting

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was thinking, from nascar, to fishing to anything else. Is there such thing. I see nomads etc. if this isn?t currently happening, if so explain. You must have events like the above, share the finds values with the sponson. Anyhow how?s this sound, or is this stupid, going solo is fine, but sponsorship allows for epic hunts with more potential than your back yard or park. Anyhow enough babbling is there such a thing.

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't imagine Minelab paying me to wear a Minelab hat as I hit an old field with no one around.

Organize a huge seeded on TV, then maybe, I suppose.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are numerous seeded hunts where YOU pay to dig and keep what you find. Paying the sponsor FOR what you find, I don't think so. Plus, where you going to find such an awesome site these days?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who’s the dummies paying for oak island soap opera

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who’s the dummies paying for catching fish, giving guys 30 thousand dollar boats etc for what prize money

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look it’s incomparable, there’s more lost coins, relics and jewelry lost or hidden that amount is simple in the millions fellas. You mean to tell me nobody would want a piece of that action. Heck those fishermen cheat with fish finders that’s insulting give me a dam canoe and a few Indian friends, heck. I ain’t got the investment to tackle such a mega prize. That’s the story, this isn’t chasing rainbows folks. If it was for modern equipment those motherloads in water never found you don’t want a piece of that action, or u want to work for Uncle Sam and after taxes say I’m no sucker no more, come on folks we are working for a paycheck which currently is taking care of lazy asses, California dreaming. Boy what a society we live in

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen folks, I understand most of gods gold and treasures in the depths of the abyss, very unattainable for us we don’t have ships, and so on. But look technology should be to help us locate such on the mainland or caverns, caves etc. so I have the drive and energy to rack my brain and try, if I lose at least I tried. Point is modern coins, wheat pennies, silver dimes is great but we thrive for more and guess what it’s out there, remember there wasn’t always banks, so think it’s in the ground, civil war loot anyhow I’m going get something to eat, anyone think like me chime in, hey I guarantee you it’s there

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are guys out there that - specially guys on TV - get free machines and accessories
from some of the big name companies for using there brand
others they may get a very good discount - I know a few
I was hoping to get something for being in a few of Fisher's older catalogs
I know a fair amount of people that bought CZ21s because of me from seeing me with finds in
their catalog and from this and other forums over the yrs - they did send me a large box of the catalogs so i could hand out to family and friends
was hoping for a free F75
Cool story - I was hunting in Virgin islands - my first outing just after landing
went in the water just before sunset - I just got in for a little while
just out from the beach bar - got a handful of coins and a few silver rings and junk rings and jewelry
just wanted to get a quick see what was to be out there
I came in and my GF was at the bar - i put my stuff down and joined her. I noticed a couple across from us
looking over - i think they wanted to know what I found. They kept looking over and eventually we said "Hi"
Then they asked "How'd you do?" - told them we had just got in to hotel and i wasnt out that long but i got some
stuff. They asked how long I'd been doing it...what is best find ever...etc. the usual questions.
Finally his wife said "Yeah, I bought him a machine last year...we just moved to a big lake in NY and
our property has a lot of dirt roads on it." "I went to a shop that sold them and looked at a few catalog...
one had a guy with a bunch of rings he found in the water...so I decided to get one he was using."
I asked what brand and she said she didnt remember. I told them I was in a catalog. They looked skeptical.
I had my Gf pulled up the Fisher site and found the catalog and pic of me in full page. She said, "yeah, thats the guy"
I said "That's me" I had on the same Casper shirt as I was wearing in the article and said see.
They couldnt believe it - I couldnt either ...what a coincidence

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yes! Where is a buyer there is a seller. And some say whatever one is selling, someone will buy it. The motives, however, might be quite unexpected. Let us assume the "deep state" decided to keep the list of "diggers" updated. They might set up and sponsor the forum(s) as well as a very reputable metal detector importer/seller/distributor with a decent customer service too. With the true agenda carefuly hidden....... They might even organize a metal detectorist meeting with a hunt and party afterwords.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ThreGreenBoy, correct, just as soon as the mothership leaves with the instructions for the dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread