Garabaldi
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 28, 2009
- Messages
- 2,382
- Reaction score
- 100
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Anyone know if I should try to clean this spoon. How old do you think it is. Seems like silver. I dug it in a park in Boston. My first large spoon.
Ty
Ty
). Lay spoon on steel block and start hammering bowl flat, then do the same with the rest of the spoon. Drill a small hole near the top of the handle ( deburr it ). Next, do the same with the forks, and maybe the knives. You may have to cut a heavy knife handle off, and just use the blade. Before I cut a spoon bowl off of its handle, I flatten the bowl first and drill two holes close to each other then skip a 1/2 inch and drill 2 more. It all depends on how many hangers you want to attach. Make one hole in the center of the the flattened bowl. I used a piece of heavy gauge insulated copper wire to suspend the whole thing . When you're done, it should look something like my pics. they make a pretty tinkling sound........NGE







