What's new

Square and natural I presume?

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Been doing this long enough to spot natural pieces from worked, but this one intrigues me. I suspect it's natural and if so what is it? Found in Wisconsin not too far from a river.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
I not any kind of expert so grain of salt time...

Natural rock IMO.

Appears to be sandstone by color, but also has characteristics of slate or shale although I've not seen slate nor shale that color before.

Looks very much like the sandstone bedrock I find in many of our Iowa creeks. As it weathers it fractures and splits into thousands of pieces like that one....but I don't know Wisconsin. Good luck.
 
I not any kind of expert so grain of salt time...

Natural rock IMO.

Appears to be sandstone by color, but also has characteristics of slate or shale although I've not seen slate nor shale that color before.

Looks very much like the sandstone bedrock I find in many of our Iowa creeks. As it weathers it fractures and splits into thousands of pieces like that one....but I don't know Wisconsin. Good luck.

Bingo
 
I agree with natural. Some of those can be tricky.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom