What's new

✅ SOLVED Square Stone Tool

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
This thing intrigues me. It must be for a pounding tool. I have never seen a square stone.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04746.webp
    DSC04746.webp
    352.4 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC04745.webp
    DSC04745.webp
    410.9 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC04737.webp
    DSC04737.webp
    400.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC04744.webp
    DSC04744.webp
    200 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC04733.webp
    DSC04733.webp
    576 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC04736.webp
    DSC04736.webp
    399.2 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
It is cool and may've been used for something, but I believe it was naturally formed. I would've picked it up, too.
 
It has two spots that are grooved that would fit a thumb and a forfinger. and fits nicely in the palm. The end that is cleaner and the surface is rough could be a hammer surface. Like you, I would pick it up because of the novelty of it, and it is likely that some human had used it for that purpose also.
 
Many very similar stones found on the river shores near me I would think it’s just a natural stone not an artifact
 
don't be fooled by thumb and finger grooves....if you pick up any water tumbled stone you will find such marks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom