What's new

St .Pete beach few targets tonight

kc10bull

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
690
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Well I made it out to St. Pete beach for 4 hours, at low tide, the beach is still sanded in. Oh well it was a nice evening to be in the surf hunting the elusive ring. Did the knee deep surf, junk. Did the waist deep surf, junk. Did the chest deep surf, junk and one tiny lil silver stud earring. 38 cents in change! After all these years of the old style pull tabs being replaced with the rectangular pull tabs still pulling dozens out every time at this beach, and only 1 rectangular pull tab! One day we will get them all. NOT!!!!! Where are the rings, bracelets, and other pieces of jewelry? ???
 
Upvote 0
pass-a-grill or St. Pete beach?
 
I go to that same beach every yeararound november1st,I love fishing at the jetty at the end of pass-a-grill.I do all my metal detecting at home south of boston.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:
 
Very pretty and serene there.
 
kc10bull,

Yeah, saw you in the water. I went into the surf about halfway down Pass-a-Grille beach and saw you half a block to my north. I recognized the scoop you were using with the picture posted on your icon. You looked like you were working your way northbound so I headed to the south.

I saw another fella further to my south by the concession stand heading south...

I really got to wondering what my chances were of finding anything with the water being worked this much.

So, I was only able to find one gold ring today and a walking liberty ..... okay, I'm lying, nothing but junk, but I can dream. A couple of bobby pins, two old pull tabs, one new, and a small collection of bottle caps. That's it, really disappointing. Except for the beach part, I always enjoy that.

The next afternoon I went just north of the Don and started hunting. Nothing there either except some cute girls playing volleyball behind a bar. 2 girls a side, and they appeared to be semi-pros or college beach teams. They were pretty good. So, it was a nice diversion to not finding anything.

It's been a couple of years since I've hit anything good on these beaches. I don't know why it's so dry in the gem and coin department... oh- yeah, did find a whole nickel.

I'll keep trying tho- that next low-hi-low tone, just might be the mother load!

Happy hunting-
 
KC...its been like that all over Pinellas. 3 hours at Clearwater and only 63 cents and a clip on earing.
 
Slim pickins in Clearwater for me, too. I was thinking of heading down to St Pete Sunday night...thanks for saving me the trip! Of course with this weather system out there, things may be mixed up a little by then! HH!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom