Hello Tnet I found this ? across the street from where I live. We seem to think it could come from a stagecoach. All input is welcome if you think you have an idea. Thank You KRAZYHORSES
Thank You Trikikiwi nice site it seems like it is from a bicycle made around 1895-1900 That was real fast!! Thanks again good luck and keep digging KRAZYHORSES
Happy to help krazyhorses
There was also a Reading Standard motorcycle manufactured from 1903 -1924. Different logo, but I wonder if there was a connection, after all, early motorcycles were essentially motorised bicycles
There were a lot more motorcycle manufacturers in the US at the turn of the twentieth century than many people know. One of the better machines that actually lasted a few years was the Reading Standard.
Reading Standard machines were manufactured between 1903 and 1924 in Reading, Pennsylvania. Initially single cylinder machines were built, later the make earned fame with well engineered sidevalve V- twins.
Machines with OHC engines were also made, but these were only available for works racers and not for sale to the public. http://www.sexandharleys.com/page/2/