~~ STAMP & COIN SET - HELP ~~

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
~~ STAMP & COIN SET - HELP ~~

Has anyone ever seen a set like this one ?? and if so what is the value of such a set ?

Just curious , they are a nice set for sure!! any comments or info would be nice.

thanks for looking

arthur

Attachments

• P1000573.JPG
    P1000573.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 259
  • P1000572.JPG
    P1000572.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 247
  • P1000574.JPG
    P1000574.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 250

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: ~~ STAMP & COIN SET - HELP ~~

The stamps were the common stamps of the day, and I'd guess so were the coins.
I believe the highest value is the educational value derived by using the collection as a teaching tool.
Don....

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

Mackaydon said:
The stamps were the common stamps of the day, and I'd guess so were the coins.
I believe the highest value is the educational value derived by using the collection as a teaching tool.
Don....
Thanks for the reply,, they are very educational for sure.

arthur

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

interested in selling it ?

since my wife is a music teacher and teaches a section called "civil war musiic" each year as part of her class (3rd thru 5th grade)-- she of course has "dibs" on all my CW era items I find for her "collection" of civil war era goodies that she whips out for the kids to "see" * --having the items to see and handle really helps keep the kids "focused" and interested , if you are interested in selling it and its affordoble --it would make a great "surprize" gift for her -

the kids since i supply her with "stuff" -- call me "the history dude" :wink: :icon_thumright:

the stamps are "modern" era stamps honoring civil war people and events * (look at the dates issued * ) however the coins are most likely actual civil war era coins --but common grades and types * so not of highly great value as "collector coins" . --as a teaching tool about the civil war however it would be great.

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

ivan salis said:
interested in selling it ?

since my wife is a music teacher and teaches a section called "civil war musiic" each year as part of her class (3rd thru 5th grade)-- she of course has "dibs" on all my CW era items I find for her "collection" of civil war era goodies that she whips out for the kids to "see" * --having the items to see and handle really helps keep the kids "focused" and interested , if you are interested in selling it and its affordoble --it would make a great "surprize" gift for her -

the kids since i supply her with "stuff" -- call me "the history dude" :wink: :icon_thumright:

the stamps are "modern" era stamps honoring civil war people and events * (look at the dates issued * ) however the coins are most likely actual civil war era coins --but common grades and types * so not of highly great value as "collector coins" . --as a reaching tool about the civil war however it would be great.
Thanks for the reply but they are my brothers and are not for sale at this time ,,,I will ask him and see but I doubt it ,,If he does we will keep you in mind .

arthur

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

thank you. -- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread