stamp on cross pendant = 14K DDG. What does the ddg mean?

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be the co. that made it

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us a pic. I would love to see 108 diamonds !!!!

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us a pic. I would love to see 108 diamonds !!!!
So would I. :) But I doubt these are real diamonds. I do know it's real silver and looks hand made. Whatever it is, it's really nice costume jewelry at the least.

DSCN8608 (2304 x 1728).jpg DSCN8609 (2304 x 1728).jpg DSCN8614 (1521 x 1140).jpg DSCN8620 (1521 x 1140).jpg

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of something. 14K is a gold standard, not used with silver, so perhaps it's white gold? Even better! Plated white gold?

Last edited:

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say it's most likley 14k white gold and genuine diamonds

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap. Unfortunately I didn't get it in my normal treasure hunting routines, but from a gov. surplus auction in my area. Won a handful of 'costume' jewelry, about 12 pieces for six dollars. They actually charged me double at the city when it shouldn't have happened.

I may not complain now. I looked at that website before coming here as well, but they show no pendants at this time. I am going to email them with a couple of pics to see if they can identify and price the piece.
Thanks everyone for the input.
I will for sure report back on this.

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say it's most likley 14k white gold and genuine diamonds
A couple of the chains that I now know are white gold have 14k as well on the clasps and made in italy. May have been a drug forfeiture and the person really liked white gold and silver. Some quality stainless steel rings as well. Small cross prayer pendant has 925 LA stamped on back. The letters are full LA and not L^ that I've researched is a Cal design firm. This piece is most likely plated sterling silver.

I'm feeling pretty good about this recent treasure hunt.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of the chains that I now know are white gold have 14k as well on the clasps and made in italy. May have been a drug forfeiture and the person really liked white gold and silver. Some quality stainless steel rings as well. Small cross prayer pendant has 925 LA stamped on back. The letters are full LA and not L^ that I've researched is a Cal design firm. This piece is most likely plated sterling silver.

I'm feeling pretty good about this recent treasure hunt.
I'd bet the cross is sterling myself. Usually, if a piece is stamped 925 it will be solid sterling. The 925 mark denotes sterling silver. That combined with a maker's mark is pretty good evidence of it being real. Granted there are fake 925 pieces out there. However, fake 925 or sterling pieces usually don't have a makers mark on them, unless it is a forged mark from a famous maker such as Tiffany and Co. etc. I'd like to see a photo of that mark.

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd bet the cross is sterling myself. Usually, if a piece is stamped 925 it will be solid sterling. The 925 mark denotes sterling silver. That combined with a maker's mark is pretty good evidence of it being real. Granted there are fake 925 pieces out there. However, fake 925 or sterling pieces usually don't have a makers mark on them, unless it is a forged mark from a famous maker such as Tiffany and Co. etc. I'd like to see a photo of that mark.
Well, I have a basic answer today. Digg, KangaWoo was right. The 14K is on an attached loop to the pendant. I went to a farmers/flea market near me and shown it to a certified Jeweler who's been there for years.

The chain is sterling silver about $50 and the pendant is solid white gold with real diamonds. He said because the diamonds are so small, the gold is almost worth more than the stones. He said without the chain, roughly $225 14K white gold weight/stones value. To be honest, I don't know what his estimate means as far as me reselling it. I meant to ask him about the letters, but forgot and a friend also was hanging out there and was talking at the same time to him and he was busy too. What I wanted to ask him if the piece was worth getting a appraisal so I would have a better idea retail/resell wise.

I had found a $1,700 wedding ring last year and noted a series of numbers on it and took it to a jeweler in town and he was able to ID it through the numbers as those were a registration number for insurance. I was able to return that ring to the owner at the time. I'll take the pendant in to this jeweler and see if he thinks it's worth an appraisal. I've known him and his store for years and trust he won't screw me over.

Thanks everyone for the input. Great forum.

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you are right about the small prayer cross. It is 925 sterling. But not solid as it's magnetic. So, probably silver over another lessor jewelry metal.
Still, a good treasure find, just not with my detector this time.

GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions