What's new

Standing Liberty Bayou #10 silver for 2015 and a couple Whatsits.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
3,105
Golden Thread
2
Location
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went down to the Old Bayou today to hunt an area a couple people have told me about.
Lots of big Cedar Trees and Big Live Oaks.
About 30 minutes into the hunt I pulled a 52D wheatie.
About 30 minutes later, after digging several deteriorated beers cans and sardine packs I found my first ever Standing Liberty quarter about 15-20' from the watersedge. I have been praying for 3 years now for a SLQ, and TODAY I finally get one. Shes in pretty rough shape, probably for being so close to the salwater/freshwater bayou. But anyhow it is a dug SLQ and im happy I was able to finally get one.
About an hour later, I did manage to get another wheatie, 1919.
Maybe this area was once a swimming hole, or a fishing hole.
I also found an interesting iron piece, I need some help on. When I was digging this I could see the top and it looked like an iron lid with a knob handle. Was thinking I had an iron jar and lid full of goodies, but just the knob lookin thing and a separate piece that looks a little like a handle. Kinda looks like it could be a breech from an old gun, but that is probably just my imagination running wild on me again. Need help on ID Please.
I also included a photo from a hunt 2 days ago. I got 3 old shotgun shell heads, what looks like a old fishing weight, a shot bullet that has pancaked on impact, but kinda looks like it has rings. Maybe low cal 3 ringer, but probably just my imagination again. Need help ID Please...
Also a an old copper brass button that appears to read R PITKIN & Co NEW ORLEANS. I tried to google this but no luck. Any help on IDs would be appreciated.. Thanks Yall. HH.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02572.webp
    DSC02572.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC02574.webp
    DSC02574.webp
    215.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02575.webp
    DSC02575.webp
    251.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC02579.webp
    DSC02579.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC02580.webp
    DSC02580.webp
    164.3 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom