What's new

Star button ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was dug a while back and posted with no luck so, I thought I'd try again. The shank, is attached to the star and moves freely. Anyone? Thank you...mike
 

Attachments

  • DSC00021.webp
    DSC00021.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00022.webp
    DSC00022.webp
    94.6 KB · Views: 246
Me thinks fashion button... no idea on date.

The shank is an "inserted shank"... early 20th C.
 
Upvote 0
Texas related?
Scott
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking 5 point Texas star also. Monty
 
Upvote 0
I think this is a newer button, and IMO it is not related to Texas. Folks have a tendency to think everything with a star on it is Texas-related. ::) There is no backmark to help date the button, so that is the end of the road most likely.

I agree with Jim on the ID.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
My memory is vague on this but I seem to recall the scouts had a similar star for something. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom