Another thing consider in the whole list of "what silver to buy and why" possible future scenarios is some silver will keep a premium if the price tanks. For example, generic silver rounds are going to be "worth" their melt value regardless of the actual spot price at that moment, whereas 90% silver dollars will carry a premium over melt at lower prices, Walkers will sell for more than 1964 Kennedy halves, Barbers bring more than silver Rosies, etc etc etc. As the price falls, the premium rises - and of course, vice-versa.
As for true SHTF scenarios, I personally don't think needing silver dimes to "make change" will ever be necessary. If things get that bad, "How much for that loaf of bread?" will be answered by "How much do you have?" It will likely take handfuls of silver dollars to buy any little thing, and thats if (and this if a really big 'IF') you can find someone willing to trade necessity items for hunks of metal. For true SHTF situations, the best barter items will be alcohol, tobacco, and even toilet paper. Also weapons and ammunition, but I'll be damned if I swap someone an item they can turn around and use to kill me and take everything I have.