STARTED Dowsing

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
:read2:I have read a few books on dowsing and how to make my own, I have two sets of rods one being 12" long and the other 14" long and both work very well, I test them about every night in doors and out.
I have been thinking about a place that I have been to with my gold pan etc and after asking all the questions I belive that I may be on to some caches.
This is the questions that I ask
1 will I find any gold nuggets? the answer was yes
2 or the nuggets in the stream, no
3 were I park my car how far from my car will I fine the Gold, 10, feet 20,feet etc it told me that I would find it 70 feet away.
But wait It also told me I would find Gold at 65 feet ?
4 then I Ask which way to go North, East,South, West, it tells me East
5 I ask if there are two caches, yes
6 I ask if its more gold nuggets, it says no
7 I ask if its in a wooden box ? , no I then ask if it in a metal box ? it says yes WoW
So as you can see if you dont ask exactly what it is your looking for and were to look you may get more than one target as I did, now rember that you can tolk out a loud, or and you can think what you are looking for so remember you most keep your mine on what you are asking and looking for I hope that I can get to the spot that I was thinking about this weekend, I did some research and there had been a train robbery back in the 1860 and a stage hold up, could the same gang have buried there gold in the same place?? and did not retrieved it, IT as got me thinking could this be so ? What do you all think.
Thanks for reading Walt

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
okiedowser said:
Walt try baiting the rods,with gold........without asking questions ;D
OK will a gold ring work or a gold pendent the ring is 24g i will have to look at the pendent?

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
How do you copy from a photo or map view from Google Earth

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
There are a few ways to bait your rods. Some are safer for your specimen and other methods work better for you personally. I have two set of rods that have permeate bait on them… Small gold nuggets held onto the ends of the rods with Liquid Black Tape.
I also use Film Canisters to bait my rods. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.msg1435575.html#msg1435575

Now..I do not wear a wedding band so I don’t know how that will affect the rods..When I was first married I broke my hand and they had to cut the ring from my finger. I never want to feel that much pain again. I know guys that have smashed the rings and had them hang up on something so I recommend that they not be worn when treasure hunting.

You can hold the bait in the hand with rods and that will work. I know one Famous Dowser who would put a nugget under his mouth….

Copies from Google Maps
With the programs I have I get the map I want on Google. I then hit the Prt Scrn button.. I then open my Paint program and copy it .Ctrl-Alt-V and save it to My Pictures. I have a couple of Digital programs that I can use to Crop the maps…Art

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
There are a few ways to bait your rods. Some are safer for your specimen and other methods work better for you personally. I have two set of rods that have permeate bait on them… Small gold nuggets held onto the ends of the rods with Liquid Black Tape.
I also use Film Canisters to bait my rods. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.msg1435575.html#msg1435575

Now..I do not wear a wedding band so I don’t know how that will affect the rods..When I was first married I broke my hand and they had to cut the ring from my finger. I never want to feel that much pain again. I know guys that have smashed the rings and had them hang up on something so I recommend that they not be worn when treasure hunting.

You can hold the bait in the hand with rods and that will work. I know one Famous Dowser who would put a nugget under his mouth….

Copies from Google Maps
With the programs I have I get the map I want on Google. I then hit the Prt Scrn button.. I then open my Paint program and copy it .Ctrl-Alt-V and save it to My Pictures. I have a couple of Digital programs that I can use to Crop the maps…Art
thank you The tree with the box on it is were I belive there is a caches

Attachments

• tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 631
OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
ART
I have been using a cover over my handel ? it was a pen i slid the pen on the handel for more freedom to move and I have seen that when useing one rod my let hand is better than my right is this the same as you and my hands get warmer, I some times hold them to tight and feel that somtimes i belive I am holding to loosely and would like to know if the rods are to long one is 17" 1/4 .
Thanks
Walt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Walt…..I know you have been doing a lot of reading. I am a two rod dowser and do not feel comfortable using one rod. I have not saw any books that teach dowsing the way I do it. Read every thing that you can because you never know when one sentence will make a big difference for you. My methods are here…http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.0.html….They were written for Physical Dowsers but some of it also applies to Mental Dowsers.
The length of the rod does not make much difference until it is time to mark the target. You could be as much as 2 ½ feet off. Put a coin on the floor and see how your rod reacts.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Walt…Sorry I forgot about the left hand right hand….some say to hold the rod in the hand with the minis charge…I don’t know if that is correct or not….Here is an old article someone send me years ago. There are some interesting points in it
FINALLY NEW SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE BEHIND DOWSING

The divining rods are charged with static electricity from the dowser's own body. This static electricity can be seen quite adequately with a simple millivolt meter. This voltage is measured between the hands of the dowser, to measure this voltage accurately a diff amp should be used at the input to the voltmeter, "this eliminates stray signals which are common to both hands". The amount of voltage will vary depending on the person. A good dowser will have a high reading, "above 100 mv" while a poor dowser may read as low as,"0 mv.". For males the right hand is usually a negative polarity, and the left hand is positive in polarity. These polarities are usually reversed in females.

The divining rod charged positively will rotate in the dowsers hand to line up parallel to a negatively charged object being dowsed. A divining rod charged negatively will remain perpendicular to a negatively charged object being dowsed. This is because like charges repel, while unlike charges attract. Thus both bent divining rods are not required for dowsing. When two divining rods are used, and they are seen to cross, one of the rods is being moved to line up parallel with the charged object being dowsed. The other rod is moving to line up parallel to the first rod. A second reason for the two rods crossing is that of dowsing over an alternating current source, such as a pipeline or buried cable. these are usually buried shallow and are conducting ground currents as the path of least resistance.
The above statements can easily be proven by, dowsing over negatively and positively charged objects. The devices used in my experiments were, a rubber rod rubbed with cat fur to produce the positive charged object, while a glass rod rubbed with silk was used to produce the negatively charged object.
The reason conventional devices cannot detect these positive and negative charges, is probably because of the array in which the charged object gives off it's lines of force in all directions. Most instruments being omnidirectional devices would not pick up the small incremental changes in voltage along the earth’s surface. But the bent divining rods being unidirectional devices, can only turn to line up parallel to the charged object, when they are directly above the charged object.
The willow crotch is another type of dowsing device, this divining rod begins to pick up an attraction to the charged object prior to reaching the object, having it’s greatest amount of pull directly over the object. After dowsing with the willow crotch , the crotch itself can laid down and dowsed with the bent rods, which will indicate a charge left on each arm of the crotch, one positive and one negative.
A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.
Another interesting phenomenon
To discover the depth of a water stream underground some dowsers use a long rod, made of either iron or a fresh cut poplar pole. This pole is held by one end near the located underground stream, the other end of the rod is allowed to oscillate up and down directly over the stream. The number of oscillations are counted and this is the approximate number of feet below the earth where the water will be found.
This action can also be demonstrated, by realizing that the rod is just a pendulum working in a vertical plane rather than a horizontal one. To duplicate this action a charged object can be placed on a table, by having a pendulum swing back and forth, a few feet away, and in the same horizontal plane the number of oscillations can be counted. By moving the pendulum closer or farther from the object the number of oscillations will decrease or increase. When this is graphed, number of oscillations vs. distance, a straight line graph will be observed. By varying the length of the wire on the pendulum, the slope of the line will vary. My theory here is that a static electric wave or pulse is being sent to the object being dowsed, this charge is being reflected back from the object being dowsed, when it reaches the pendulum again as the same charge it stops the oscillations, since like charges repel.
Giel Dutoit of South Africa sent me info on a discovery he had made. If you place a 250k ohm potentiometer between the dowsers hands as he is dowsing. You will see a decrease in his dowsing ability as this resistance is decreased to a zero ohms. In testing this I have also found it to be valid. Giel can be contacted at [email protected]
The significance of these finding are overwhelming . The applications in which dowsing has been used is HUGE. When all of these applications have been explored scientifically Mankind will take another leap forward.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey utah1066…This is a spot to try your baited rod….I am getting a Silver piece of lost Jewelry 2 inches deep..Art

Attachments

• tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 613
OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey utah1066…This is a spot to try your baited rod….I am getting a Silver piece of lost Jewelry 2 inches deep..Art
Hay thank you Art, after working more by the tree I came up with silver now you show a 2nd spot which I did not pick up on I will be going up today for the first time hunt for both spots and get back with you all to let you know how we did on the finds will take photos.
Walt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hay thank you Art, after working more by the tree I came up with silver now you show a 2nd spot which I did not pick up on I will be going up today for the first time hunt for both spots and get back with you all to let you know how we did on the finds will take photos.
Thanks Walt…..Feed back is always welcome…Feed back always makes me happy even when it is bad. I am still learning and I have found that I may think my mind is clear but later facts show me that it was not. Like I try to tell everyone..When I mark a spot it does not mean dig here. It will put you in the area …Art

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Hay thank you Art, after working more by the tree I came up with silver now you show a 2ND spot which I did not pick up on I will be going up today for the first time hunt for both spots and get back with you all to let you know how we did on the finds will take photos.
Thanks Walt…..Feed back is always welcome…Feed back always makes me happy even when it is bad. I am still learning and I have found that I may think my mind is clear but later facts show me that it was not. Like I try to tell everyone..When I mark a spot it does not mean dig here. It will put you in the area …Art
HI back from my trip found the tree and on the east side is the only place I used my Xterra705 I forgot my L
rods and Camera did not look at the 2ND mark as yet, now as for the tree the west side is cover with Boulder's to big for me to move and to many so as for finding any thing like silver not yet, but a hand full of bullets and caing. HI I forgot about this rock that my md went off on it put my md into overload ??
Thanks you Walt

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
texastee2007 said:
utah1066 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
Hay thank you Art, after working more by the tree I came up with silver now you show a 2ND spot which I did not pick up on I will be going up today for the first time hunt for both spots and get back with you all to let you know how we did on the finds will take photos.
HI back from my trip found the tree and on the east side is the only place I used my Xterra705 I forgot my L
rods and Camera did not look at the 2ND mark as yet, now as for the tree the west side is cover with Boulder's to big for me to move and to many so as for finding any thing like silver not yet, but a hand full of bullets and caing. HI I forgot about this rock that my md went off on it put my md into overload ??
Thanks you Walt

any chance your rock is a meteor? Or is something very large under it?
No not a Meteor it looks like it as rust on it coming out of a crack with some quartz, ha I tryed your old home for the pipe with coins init let me know and I will ck into that rock.
Thanks Walt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey utah1066…..Meteorites are real tricky to identify….Check for Iron and Nickel first…If you get readings for these you need to check for Granite, Magnesium, Colbalt, Silicate, Bronzite and Iridium. Also check to see if it is Magnetic. Heck…It could have all these minerals and still not be a Meteorite. Lab tests are expensive so you will have to decide if you want to call it a Meteorite or not…Art

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
HAY Aart took some photos of that rock been trying to upload them? not sure if it will show up
Thanks I posted but not sure if it up ?

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 516
OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
utah1066 said:
HAY Aart took some photos of that rock been trying to upload them? not sure if it will show up
Thanks I posted but not sure if it up ?
it worked and that is a big big rock

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 505
OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey utah1066…..Meteorites are real tricky to identify….Check for Iron and Nickel first…If you get readings for these you need to check for Granite, Magnesium, Colbalt, Silicate, Bronzite and Iridium. Also check to see if it is Magnetic. Heck…It could have all these minerals and still not be a Meteorite. Lab tests are expensive so you will have to decide if you want to call it a Meteorite or not…Art
Well after reading your post I had to go back and look at the rock I tryed digging it out but its to big so I just took some photos only two of them would post , I did some more looking around and only find some more bullett shells, and ck out that spot Art and did not find anything as yet.
Thanks Walt

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 508

easttexasdigger

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Have you tried examining the rock for any Spanish symbols? I see a heart in the second picture and I think that was important to the Spanish when marking treasure locations.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Walt,
Dowsing has revealed in the green circled area 1 or 2 gold coins, and in the blue circled areas a few silver bars at each location about 1' to 1-1/2' deep, 40 lbs total weight.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• ut1066tree2dowsed.jpg
    ut1066tree2dowsed.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 476

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread