Started My 6" Build

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll do a walk through when I build mine for anyone. G, I looked for plastic, cheapest I found was $300 for a sheet plus freight. Only plastic I found locally was 24x24 for $50... It's not a option. It only cost me $35 for a half sheet of aluminum. $13 for alumaweld from harbor freight so alum is much cheaper.
find you a sign shop or a race supply for dirt racers you can buy 4 by 10 sheets for 60 dollars and that's not a special deal it's common and any color you would like
Just bought 4 of them a week ago.. Sign supply place has the same stuff poly ethylene .
Welders at nothern tool for 100 .

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm, I'll try to check around tomorrow...it's sunday and nothing is open and I've got to be heading back to the hospital...came home for a few hours to feed my cats and to shower.

If nothing else, I can use a piece on the bottom as a wear plate.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm, I'll try to check around tomorrow...it's sunday and nothing is open and I've got to be heading back to the hospital...came home for a few hours to feed my cats and to shower. If nothing else, I can use a piece on the bottom as a wear plate.[/QUOT

Will keep her in our prayers . Hope she come around quick...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i buy my ABS plastic at a local plastic warehouse. i bought a 4 x 10 sheet of 3/16 black ABS sheet for $60.it is smooth on oneside and dimpled on the other.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i buy my ABS plastic at a local plastic warehouse. i bought a 4 x 10 sheet of 3/16 black ABS sheet for $60.it is smooth on oneside and dimpled on the other.
and easy to weld kinda of surprised were not making big drop riffle sluices yet

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drop riffle in a dredge would be kind of cool...not sure how well it would work with deeper water and big rocks.

Still hoping for some info on size of flare... I'm hoping my wife will be out of the hospital soon so I can get back to building..I need to get out dredging. My goal is 1.5,weeks to be done...

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drop riffle in a dredge would be kind of cool...not sure how well it would work with deeper water and big rocks. Still hoping for some info on size of flare... I'm hoping my wife will be out of the hospital soon so I can get back to building..I need to get out dredging. My goal is 1.5,weeks to be done...
what info you looking omni?

I use them drop riffle to do cleanup but I'd be very scared if it wasn't classified ...

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The opening size of a flare.

I wonder how drop riffles would work in a under flow section. On the upper part you could put a grizzly spaced at 3/8 - 1/2" the length of the sluice.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drop riffle in my sluice bolts

on my 2.5 or my highbanker

image-3113267603.jpg

image-1060240146.jpg

image-761958927.jpg

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
6 or 7 tall at opening
that I don't know I'm out of town will be home tomorrow
And check for ya I just rember looking at it I had concerns about blowing water over the top of the sluice because I'm moveing so much water compared to a standard 6"

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotcha. Only part that I was going to make rounded was at the hose. My main concern was making the discharge the right size to keep the gold out of suspension and not have rocks getting stuck.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well got good news, looks like my wife is getting out today! She finally started passing gas and had a bowl movement! Now I can get back to building!

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is fantastic, ive been checking back to see if things improved for her, very good to hear! hope you are blessed this season!loco.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Before I forget, thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I got so excited about getting back to working on my dredge I developed tunnel vision.

So another piece of the puzzle showed up today...
IMG_20140218_131812.jpg
5' 6" exhaust pipe off ebay for $32 shipped. I can make my nozzle and experimental jet.
I havnt done much today, I'm feeling a little lazy (didn't get much sleep) but think later on this afternoon I'll get some work done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread