What's new

Started off the vacation right... With Gold!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
1,147
Reaction score
2,376
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Edit: No longer maintaining this post
 
Last edited:
Upvote 38
Pretty stone. Congrats on another gold from the dirt.
 
14955t-and-motiv.webp
 
Very pretty ring. Congratulations.
 
That ring looks awesome! Congratulations, that must have been a thrill
 
That is purtyyyy!!! d2
 
Nice looking gold ring, congratulations! With seven days of vacation, who knows how many you will pluck from the depths! GL & HH
 
Very nice looking piece of gold.
 
Great going! It sure looks like amethyst, but, you say it will also turn a blue in different lighting.
That sounds like an Alexandrite, very rare, and can be pretty pricey.
Check it under artificial light, then sunlight, if you get distinctive color changes, you may have something more than just amethyst. Tanzanite can/will sometimes throw a blue or red hue, too. May wanna have a jeweler check it, too.
Great score, GL & HH!
 
That's a nice hunk of gold with a pretty stone.
I hope you are carrying a portable fire extinguisher.
You sure are on fire.
Congratulations
 
Who can NOT love this hobby? Plucking beautiful gold outta the ground just never gets old. Gratz on another fine gold beauty! TFS and HH.
 
I actually missed an Alexendrite on a beach after some holiday or air show or something, yrs back.
That's when I learned, DIG EVERYTHING!
Coming back from down the beach way, the area I had previously detected, that was sooooo trashed,
a frantic man, said his wife lost a 3 carat (I think it was 3 carats) alexandrite & diamond wedding set.
I think it was Mike or the Bulgarian, (foreign fella, real big guy), he was searching for it and found it!

The husband was so happy! LOL, he didn't have cash on him, told the guy to wait right there, he was going to atm to get him cash and tell the wife. I at least got to look at it...... it was a beauty! I didn't hang around for the husband man to come back, but I was glad the finder got a reward and she got her rings back.

Yours is just a super pretty color, too!
 
Sweet golden phalange adornment! A solid 55 is always a gamble, but we gotsta know! Sub 8-)
 
Sweet congrats!
That is a very pretty chunker!
You know how to vaca right!

Probably a 55 because if the size.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom