What's new

State copper? Need help

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in the woods where I have found many large cents. Looks like 1787 or 1737. But it's not a kg3 and it don't look like a kg3. It is slightly larger in diameter than a kg3 I already have. On the back left side writing I see the letter D what is this???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0228.webp
    IMG_0228.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0227.webp
    IMG_0227.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 14
...
 
Last edited:
May be a Connecticut copper? Someone will know, congrats
 
A copper in NC. Such an unbelievable find ...just amazing
 
Looks like a miller 2-d Connecticut copper to me. What y'all think?
 
I have found many coppers here in nc

Man really I don't see many down our way. You have that Deus finetuned. Do you really need v4 with all your finds.
 
Man really I don't see many down our way. You have that Deus finetuned. Do you really need v4 with all your finds.

i just have a minelab etrac
 
i just have a minelab etrac

Well that is an Excellent machine. I know several people that have them and they swear by them. I've never found a copper what do you think the best way to clean one would be should i ever run across one.
 
Well that is an Excellent machine. I know several people that have them and they swear by them. I've never found a copper what do you think the best way to clean one would be should i ever run across one.

the ones i have found are rough so i do electrolosis for about 10 minutes, then copper polish, then a few wipes with 1200 grit sandpaper to really bring out the details
 
i was able to see the c in connec. so its defanately a connecticut copper
 
I believe 1788 miller 5-B.2 maybeP9200002.webpP9200001.webp mine is worn but looks like it
 
Last edited:
Sweet find very glad for you Thanks for the post!!!
 
0922160042b.webp0922160042c.webp[emoji28]

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
 
I love the old coppers in any condition, cool find! :occasion14:
 
Great find, I'd be stoked! Congrats and HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom