What's new

State Quarters are a bummer

Jimmi

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
347
Reaction score
153
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never purposely set out looking for coins, cause they arn't my thing.. But latley when hunting , I been looking for them. I think I need to show my husband something besides my rusty iron, to quiet him up some;) So anyway , I been on coin mode alot more and state quarters totally suck for a coin novice. Anyone else gotten excited about an 1800's date and unfamiliar Coin image only to find out it's a modern quarter ? Lol. It's already happened Numerous times to me. And it seems the first spot that is readable is always that old date:) Are 1800's coins much thicker than modern ones?
 
I've never been fooled by the date,
But on a couple occasions, at first glance the back of certain ones
Have made me say Humm.
But as I said only for a second or 3 till my mind says Yuck !

these days with Clad quarters,
If I see the eagle on the Back, I'm happer then when I see a new Fangled image.
I at least know then it's Pre-state Crap
 
Yeah it happened to me when they're all covered in dirt. Gets your heart racing for a second.
 
Most modern clad here turns an orangey color, so its not difficult to spot it. It needs to be a fairly new drop to be silver colored.
 
Same here...orange when pulled from the dirt. I clean them up in a tumbler with ammonia/water mix and aquarium gravel. Saving all my clad for a new ??? (I don't know what yet). It is nice to find the silver coins, but hey, clad is cool, too. It adds up and you won't feel guilty spending it.

Anita
 
Funny thing though , I'll spend 15 minutes digging a quarter, and I probably have 60 in my cup holder.. Lol
 
We always dig up enough clad at the beach to at least pay for the coin laundry or the dollar menu at Mickey D's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom