What's new

stems and triangles

flintmel

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
337
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Frame of stemmed and triangle points from eastern Ct. collected from ag lots with permission. Mostly woodland period.
 

Attachments

  • adze and bowl 040 (800x600).webp
    adze and bowl 040 (800x600).webp
    61 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0
One hell of a collection Mel!! Thanks for shareing...how much time did it take to fill that frame?
 
years ago there was little pressure, so only a couple seasons, to be honest over time I've weeded out the broken ones and save only the exceptional partials. I'm sure we all have a high percentage of partials with some real heart breakers....
Thanks for looking, BTW did you catch my post 'couldn't stay ahead of dozer'? Theres a slate blade in the second picture in the lower right corner that was ground like an ulu and preforated but has a square end and apparently was hafted like a modern knife
 
I did see that blade...fantastic find! I also saw that pestle I have a few just like it found in Narragansett. I will be giving you a call soon I have had my little boy on the weekends so its been impossible to get out. Would love to meet and have you over sometime for a beer to chat...would love to show you my collection. I live just over the line in Richmond...Charl you are also welcome to join!
 
Snakeman said:
I did see that blade...fantastic find! I also saw that pestle I have a few just like it found in Narragansett. I will be giving you a call soon I have had my little boy on the weekends so its been impossible to get out. Would love to meet and have you over sometime for a beer to chat...would love to show you my collection. I live just over the line in Richmond...Charl you are also welcome to join!

Thank you. Lou!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom