Stephen Girard & the Opium Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
... But seriously, are you really not understanding how the name, Buford, is connected with the pamphlet?
But seriously, are you really not understanding how the names Ward and Hutter, are connected with the pamphlet?
Or, the 2nd year of the Confederate War?
No matter how many Adams-Onis French names you pull out of the hat, or a Beale all the way from China,it always reverts back to the Risqué extended family, which includes a Buford branch.

I have discovered the whereabouts of a letter left dormant in a certain post office in the 1800S by a Beale. It may have nothing to do with our Beale, but the way it's worded makes it look like a pretty good possibility. I will keep this under my hat until I can research it further.

I have discovered the whereabouts of a letter left dormant in a certain post office in the 1800S by a Beale. It may have nothing to do with our Beale, but the way it's worded makes it look like a pretty good possibility. I will keep this under my hat until I can research it further.

Heard something about a letter, left in St. Loo; something about a Planters Hotel, and a man by the name of Brugh.

"franklin" knows MORE about that, than I do...

Last edited:
But seriously, are you really not understanding how the names Ward and Hutter, are connected with the pamphlet?
Or, the 2nd year of the Confederate War?
No matter how many Adams-Onis French names you pull out of the hat, or a Beale all the way from China,it always reverts back to the Risqué extended family, which includes a Buford branch.

Well, apparently you're still not understanding a great deal of it. At least you've finally included the Buford branches so apparently some progress is being made. Hang in there, buddy. Some of this other stuff will eventually come to you....:thumbsup: And remember, none of this is a matter of life and death. They're all just theories.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, apparently you're still not understanding a great deal of it. At least you've finally included the Buford branches so apparently some progress is being made....
I have mentioned the Buford branch of the Risqué before, along with the Hutter, Ward, Sherman,Hancock, Kennerly, Otey, and Early. You may have missed that post while brewing a pot of French roast.

The letter waiting for TJB at the Franklin, MO postoffice was picked up by TJB when he passed through going to and from Sante Fe. Pauline Innis and her husband Admiral Walter Innis searched extensively for the letter. (TJB already picked up the letter if they had checked on later editions of the newspapers.

There was a letter mentioned by Claudine Fulton Ellis in her new book. The letter was left with George Radar Brugh proprietor of the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis, MO and was not to be delivered until June, 1832. George Radar Brugh and his traveling companion were killed at the Blackhorse Tavern in Roanoke by it's proprietor. The Bible containing the letter was left in a dusty attic space for over 100 years until a young girl named Claudine Fulton Ellis found the letter in the 1930's. The letter had on the front cover "Not to opened until June, 1832" and in the bottom right hand corner in fancy but small handwriting was the name "Thomas Jefferson Beale" In the letter was a hand-drawn map to where the treasure was buried and in the back of the Bible was the names of all TJB's associates. The proprietor of the Blackhorse Tavern was TJB's partner and best friend that was wounded by James Pursley (the babbling Mexican) on the first trip to Sante Fe as mentioned by Pauline Innis in her first book published in the 1960's, "Gold in the Blue Ridge" Which incidentally is the book that got me interested in the Beale Treasure Mystery. This letter has been traced from Hollins College in Roanoke, Va to Appalachian University in North Carolina to someone in Washington, D. C. from there the trail ends. Claudine Fulton Ellis did make a copy of the letter and the map and that letter is still out there somewhere in the Roanoke, Va area.

Wasn't Beal's letter supposed to contain a key to understand the coded messages?

Anyway, what I have uncovered is obviously a different lead. Like I said, it may turn out to be nothing of interest.

The letter waiting for TJB at the Franklin, MO postoffice was picked up by TJB when he passed through going to and from Sante Fe. Pauline Innis and her husband Admiral Walter Innis searched extensively for the letter. (TJB already picked up the letter if they had checked on later editions of the newspapers.

There was a letter mentioned by Claudine Fulton Ellis in her new book. The letter was left with George Radar Brugh proprietor of the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis, MO and was not to be delivered until June, 1832. George Radar Brugh and his traveling companion were killed at the Blackhorse Tavern in Roanoke by it's proprietor. The Bible containing the letter was left in a dusty attic space for over 100 years until a young girl named Claudine Fulton Ellis found the letter in the 1930's. The letter had on the front cover "Not to opened until June, 1832" and in the bottom right hand corner in fancy but small handwriting was the name "Thomas Jefferson Beale" In the letter was a hand-drawn map to where the treasure was buried and in the back of the Bible was the names of all TJB's associates. The proprietor of the Blackhorse Tavern was TJB's partner and best friend that was wounded by James Pursley (the babbling Mexican) on the first trip to Sante Fe as mentioned by Pauline Innis in her first book published in the 1960's, "Gold in the Blue Ridge" Which incidentally is the book that got me interested in the Beale Treasure Mystery. This letter has been traced from Hollins College in Roanoke, Va to Appalachian University in North Carolina to someone in Washington, D. C. from there the trail ends. Claudine Fulton Ellis did make a copy of the letter and the map and that letter is still out there somewhere in the Roanoke, Va area.

TY, franklin!

Wasn't Beal's letter supposed to contain a key to understand the coded messages?

Anyway, what I have uncovered is obviously a different lead. Like I said, it may turn out to be nothing of interest.

Share it whenever you want; inquiring minds wanna know...

Share it whenever you want; inquiring minds wanna know...

I have to try to locate it. I found an article that stated it was there, but it was so long ago it may not exist anymore. I'll have to make some phone calls, and maybe take a trip.

But seriously, are you really not understanding how the names Ward and Hutter, are connected with the pamphlet? Or, the 2nd year of the Confederate War? No matter how many Adams-Onis French names you pull out of the hat, or a Beale all the way from China,it always reverts back to the Risqué extended family, which includes a Buford branch.

Agreed!!! It comes back to the Risqué family. I will share soon. I need two documents from chapel hill to show this. At least for what I beleive may tie in.

HH Tat

I have mentioned the Buford branch of the Risqué before, along with the Hutter, Ward, Sherman,Hancock, Kennerly, Otey, and Early. You may have missed that post while brewing a pot of French roast.

Not me who missed any of it....I've got it all down pretty good and many years back. ECS is the one who's apparently trouble with it. By the way Franklin, how far back did you trace the Buford linage?

....I've got it all down pretty good and many years back...
Still with all those many years of research, it all comes down as a literary allegory novel that sold for 50 cents in Lynchburg. An allegory novel or a dime novel, a novel is a novel.

The Duel between Risque & Beale, as Reb so nicely posted, was about "family insult", and not an insult directed only at the woman. Now everyone step back a minute and think about what I have been saying about "the differences in principle" and what I have been trying to point out in regards to the Bufords and the Beales.......this was the family insult, in regards to family principles, or political differences. This should clearly bring into the view the conflict that existed.

The Duel between Risque & Beale, as Reb so nicely posted, was about "family insult", and not an insult directed only at the woman. Now everyone step back a minute and think about what I have been saying about "the differences in principle" and what I have been trying to point out in regards to the Bufords and the Beales.......this was the family insult, in regards to family principles, or political differences. This should clearly bring into the view the conflict that existed.

Nah; it wasn't POLITICAL...

It may surprise you guys that there is still one more "very strong" theory that I've been working on for a long time that I've been keeping to myself. So.....just saying that I'm only presenting one very strong theory. The other one would really blow your minds! :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back