Sterling Pendant ID Help

Dre

Jan 11, 2024
Hi all!
New member here, I hope I’m posting in the correct place. I acquired this vintage cast sterling silver pendant, and I was hoping someone can help me identify the maker. The pendant is stamped with a tiny shield shaped mark, but no other marks that I can find. The chain has an older spring ring or bolt clasp that is stamped “STG”. I found this item in a large lot of assorted vintage jewelry that I purchased in Colorado. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I’ve spent hours online researching to no avail.

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpeg
    IMG_2768.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2770.jpeg
    IMG_2770.jpeg
    674.4 KB · Views: 12

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all!
New member here, I hope I’m posting in the correct place. I acquired this vintage cast sterling silver pendant, and I was hoping someone can help me identify the maker. The pendant is stamped with a tiny shield shaped mark, but no other marks that I can find. The chain has an older spring ring or bolt clasp that is stamped “STG”. I found this item in a large lot of assorted vintage jewelry that I purchased in Colorado. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I’ve spent hours online researching to no avail.
Need a clear picture of the shield stamp.

Here's the information on the clasp-means sterling

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 4.30.03 PM.png

OP
OP
D

Dre

Jan 11, 2024

View attachment 2125546

View attachment 2125546
Thank you for your reply! I know STG means sterling, and both the chain and pendant are tested. I’ve seen “STERLING”, ST”, “STER”, “SS” and “925” on spring ring clasps before, but never “STG”, so I was hoping it is a clue as to the age or origin of the piece. Here is another image of the shield stamp; it is so tiny and fuzzy that unfortunately this is the best shot I can get of it. I’m calling it a “shield” for lack of a better term, but I don’t know that it is really meant to be a shield. It has 2 vertical, slightly wavy lines inside that might be “J’s” or something like that. Or just lines. I’m really not sure!

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpeg
    IMG_2781.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread