What's new

Sterling silver thing ? solved...needle case

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.I found this silver thing at an old site that dates to the 1700's today and I was hopeing someone could help me id what it is.Theres a date of 1850 under were it's marked sterling and a mark above that that looks to be a makers mark or possibly an oriental letter ??? Thanks ! ;D
 

Attachments

  • jjuly 31 2010 005.webp
    jjuly 31 2010 005.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 345
  • jjuly 31 2010 005 (1).webp
    jjuly 31 2010 005 (1).webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 337
  • jjuly 31 2010 005 (2).webp
    jjuly 31 2010 005 (2).webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 526
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

traderoftreasure said:
looks like the handle to a butter knife
Thanks traderoftreasures.
I was thinking some type of handle myself.But I dont think so as it isent very big ( mabey 2" long)and was made in two pieces (hollow inside) :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

Looks like it had a lid at one time. Maybe some kind of a snuff box or match safe?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

I thought possibly this mark.. but I don't know-

image060.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

Bramblefind said:
I thought possibly this mark.. but I don't know-

image060.jpg

I think you are correct.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

I'm thinking lady's needle case. 1850 is probably the pattern number.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

Lucas said:
I'm thinking lady's needle case. 1850 is probably the pattern number.
Good call. Does seem too narrow and feminine looking to be a match safe. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Sterling silver thing ?

Thanks y'all.I think y'all got it. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Sweet :icon_sunny:

Green check :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom