What's new

Stick & Carrot (Ups & Down of CRH)

CW3(ret) US Army

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
590
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: :3coins: I stopped at a bank & they told me they had cwr halves. The teller at the bank told me that if I was searching the rolls. The person who brought them in all ready searched them. She said they had $450 in the vault. It took me 2 days to get them all. First day took $500 as I was told they had $450 in halves in the vault. The "lead" teller (they no longer call the job head teller) was off. It turns out they had $780 in the vault not $450. I took $500 as that was all the cash I had on me. They were cwrs & the person who turned them in was playing games as 4 rolls were short 1 coin each. I went back the next day to get the remaining $280. I told the branch manager & lead teller just so they would be aware of what this person was doing. Anyway of the last 28 rolls, 18 were the same wrapper as the 50 I got on day before. Lo & behold 2 of those rolls were also short 1 coin each.

The other 10 rolls were also cwr & had a different wrapper. I think those 10 rolls were brought in by a different person. Those rolls were amazing!!!!! All 10 of the had silver!!!! The final total was 26 keepers. There were 12 90% 4 Bens (1/51, 1/62, 1/62D & 1/63D & 8 64 Ken (5/64 & 3/64D)


There were also 14 40% (3/67, 3/68, 6/69 & 2/70D)

Total of $780 (78 rolls) of which 6 out of 68 same type wrapper were short 1 coin each while the 10 other rolls of a different wrapper type all had 20 coins each.

It's still out there just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

HH
Gary
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate when some people short the rolls on purpose. Gives them a POWER SURGE over the bank, and making money on the side. At lease there was a silver lining (a pun on words) in your great finds. Congrats. HH DozerD
 
Sorry to hear about the short rolls, but the silver more than made up for the loss!
 
I picked up $400 of CWR of dimes last Friday and had the same thing. About 10 rolls were around 3-5 dimes short. Really annoying.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom