What's new

STICKER SHOCK II **************

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It happened today. My torch lamp by my couch decided to give up the light job. The app. 6' tubular bulb checked open and it is starting to snow outside so I decide on a quick dash to the local hardware store instead of a 15Mi trip to the big box. I grabbed the 150W bulb and dashed to the checkout not even looking at the price. IT WAS $5.99. the last one I bought was $1.50 . Here's my theory. The Chinese have killed off our manufacturing with there child labor pricing and now they are in a position to name there own price. What do you think? Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
Should have bought two!
We knew long ago we needed to export more than we import.
I don,t like telling a business owner how to run their business. Yet would pay more to feed a neighbor.
Worked auto related quite a while and was encouraged to buy domestic while they out sourced parts.
Golf company too. Even alot of steel and iron capabilities, while a portion was wanted for security is now going on elsewhere.
A better balance would be nice but people are after greatest profit more often than warm fuzzy humanitarianism. Thus making the world flat again.
 
That's kind of hard to do nowadays! As I stated in my post, it's getting hard to find American made products. Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
Wait until the alternator goes in your car.When i was doing repairs on my car (96 taurus)for the idiot light to the battery.I priced a new alternator(before finding the real problem)279 bucks for a new alternator,without the core charge,179 with the old alternator.Last time I replaced one for my chevy van 3 or so years ago it was 75 bucks.Batteries are just as bad.I bought a new battery,120 bucks.Last one i bought was 65 bucks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom