What's new

still found a few

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing a different type of hunting today. it was in a site occupied during the contact period through the Indian Wars ... I'm soaking some coins and buttons. I still managed to come up with these.

ForumRunner_20121205_210910.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice Gator.I had a feeling you were out hunting today. Is that a pipe on top?? Show the coins and stuff you found in association with these artifacts. Cool history and good saves.
 
Yeah that's a pipe section. The coins are still quite black. One could be a lead seal its a little early to tell. They often resemble Spanish Cobbs at first. some even have a coat of arms.

ForumRunner_20121205_222947.webp
 
Here are the buttons. And a nice little piece of lead.

ForumRunner_20121205_223612.webp
 
Thanks man
 
Thanks.. I had a fun day.
 
Very nice finds! I've read where the Seminoles had made clay musket balls when they were short on lead. Also, in Colonial times, maybe even earlier, lead was made into buttons, whizzers (a toy), etc.
 
your area must be full of history for sure
you find a lot of different things...all very interesting
you must put on a lot of miles to come across these
looks like time well spent and rewarding
 
Nice finds gatorboy. Must be nice to hunt with a detector and find both types of artifacts.
 
Thank you very much both of you.
 
Cool! Quite Nice! :icon_thumright:
 
Nice finds gatorboy. Must be nice to hunt with a detector and find both types of artifacts.
My sentiments exactly... Nice hunt and a good variety of finds, GatorBoy!
Nick
 
Thank you much WildCat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom