What's new

Stirrups

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three I need help with. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
 

Attachments

  • stirrups 2.webp
    stirrups 2.webp
    54 KB · Views: 82
  • stirrups 1.webp
    stirrups 1.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 80
  • stirrup 1a.webp
    stirrup 1a.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 65
  • stirrup1b.webp
    stirrup1b.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
More pictures
 

Attachments

  • stirrup 3b.webp
    stirrup 3b.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 66
  • stirrup 3a.webp
    stirrup 3a.webp
    99.4 KB · Views: 68
  • stirrup 2b.webp
    stirrup 2b.webp
    74 KB · Views: 66
  • stirrup 2a.webp
    stirrup 2a.webp
    101 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
Civil war era IMO
 
Upvote 0
Civil war era IMO

All three? They did come from Antietam creek battlefield, Sharpsburg, Md. back when there were still privately owned places we had permission to hunt.
 
Upvote 0
All three? They did come from Antietam creek battlefield, Sharpsburg, Md. back when there were still privately owned places we had permission to hunt.


The only one that might be questionable is this one, a style that is still made today. Trying to date one of them is kinda like trying to date a horseshoe.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 8.22.13 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 8.22.13 PM.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
The only one that might be questionable is this one, a style that is still made today. Trying to date one of them is kinda like trying to date a horseshoe.

Thanks. I do know that they all came from the same area but that's about all I know!
 
Upvote 0
Can't help with the ID, but they are REALLY cool wall hanging relics!
 
Upvote 0
The example that creskol identifies looks very similar to one I found and tumbled this year.
From my research I found out that it's
late-19thc 'English' in design

Dave
 

Attachments

  • WP_20181202_16_07_40_Pro (2).webp
    WP_20181202_16_07_40_Pro (2).webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20191123_162400.webp
    20191123_162400.webp
    17 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
699
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Stirrup?
Replies
10
Views
943

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom