Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story...you did the right thing. KUDOS to you, bet the wife is proud of that pendant...beautiful.

Thanks for sharing the story & pics with us. ;D

;) RR

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!!! You are setting a FINE example for your "pool sharks", they may not understand now but leading by example like you are will help lead your children in the right direction, and thats the best we can do as parents...lead by example. Am glad both the jeweler and insurance company rewarded you for your honesty, not all do or will and its nice to know that there are still companies out there with integrity. WTG!!!!

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Congratulations on doing the right thing! You are a shining example of what this hobby can do. I am sure it feels much better having that reward in hand than stolen jewelry. ;D

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
:o

Attachments

• joe-applause.GIF
    joe-applause.GIF
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,700

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
You not only had the RUSH of finding it...You returned it...Got a grand and a pendant, and your kids got to see the empitome of honesty. I hope I get to hunt with you one day!
My kind of people!
~NAsh~

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT To Be Honest it did pay off for you you got a check and the wife got a lil gift as well
You should be Very Proud of what you done I know I am .
from garrettman64 :) ;)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Honorable mention indeed!! Wonderful story!! Bet those guys were shocked as crap to come back to an empty hole!! :o. I would loved to have had video of that!!

Bless you!
Moon

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is almost as cool as that 1918 Mercury dime I found....I said almost ;) Great story and pictures. Your kids will take another 20 or so years before they understand your motives. Congrats on the REward. Happy unting!!

Laater...

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on doing the right thing! I would have given it back also, except I would have kept one or two things for myself and my wife.

Glad to hear the insurance company took care of you ~ a thousand bucks ain't chicken feed!

Great Story.....

NS

whodom

May 6, 2006
You've strengthened the reputation of our hobby immensely! Great good job and super pics.
Thank You! W.

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has got to be the best beach story i have ever heard congrats on the thrill of the find and doing the right thing after, it is people like you that keep us with a good name

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i read this one awhile back and saw it again, your have a good heart, a god person. i also wanted to point out this is hawaii right???? well u can tell by the price tags on tose sterling necklaces ;)

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! Great Job. It's nice to have honest people in this hobby/business.

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Many Kudos!! Some people just talk the talk - you walk the walk, too!

Your gift to your pool sharks was immeasurable, and will live on in them long after you are gone. It is the best gift a man can give his children, and they will pass it along to theirs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread