stone-age tools

Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I got started in the hobby of hunting arrowheads with other hunters that only believe in finding PERFECT Flint-knapped arrowheads.

I have been made fun of many times for bringing home "rocks" that were NOTHING!

I happen to have a fairly high IQ--maybe nothing to brag about but enough to KNOW that what I have found IS truley stone-age tools.

Of course, I have some that are just "May Be Tools" and could be just rocks that through the forces of nature look like tools. However most of the ones that i call stone-age tools are just that.

are there any of you on this forum that specializes in the pre-knapped tools and that can recognize the real thing.

I have a few absolutely FABULOUS items that I would like to share them by showing them but I get tired of getting ridiculed by the PRISSY type hunters that accepts nothing as real that is not in perfect symetry with artistic value.

Also, I would like to know how is the best way to find out the geniune value of these tools as I am living on a fixed income--very low--and would like to sell some of them.

Billy Dean Ward

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
V
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
like I said, I am going to learn to make better pictures. I went to a couple of stores today to look for a camera like Richard said would be the best. The very top item, the white piece is a definite. I am not trying to be a know-it-all but I'm sure that it probably comes across that way. I feel fairly sure that when you see a better pic, you'll change your opinion on at least that one item.

The two scrapers are also definitely artifacts as they look much more man made in your hand than they do in the picture. When I first found the green one in AR, everyone that I showed it to was sure that it was something but no sure WHAT. I hunted in the same area for another 4 years after I found that one and never found anything that even resembled it. Then when I was hunting here in CA, I was BLOWN AWAY when I picked the brown and tan piece up. I got so excited that I got straight in my vehicle and drove straight back to my shop where the green was and compared them--almost IDENTICAL except for color--almost the exact size, also.

I am going to get some more pics with my present camera using the techniques that Richard told me about.

:icon_pirat:

Stoneagetools

Jan 28, 2012
Hampshire, England
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When mentioning camera techniques for flints earlier, I should of course also have added that taking pictures at low light levels means it's important to put your camera on a tripod to avoid camera-shake (as the low light means you'll have slow shutter speeds and long exposures).

OP
OP
V
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Richard! Wow! You have only made 4 posts since you joined. They were all to me--I really feel lucky! LOL!

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing artifacts :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread