What's new

Stone axe or hatchet ?

ro401

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116050.505480.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116090.704805.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116131.048709.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116170.410994.webp
Found this yesterday while out looking for arrowheads. I've never found anything like this before, I'm still a newbie. What is it ? How old is it? I found it in southern Rhode Island.
 
Upvote 0
My wife's name is Charlene and we all call her Charl. This has been my main field over the past year and most of the points I've found range 4000-6000 years old. I'll post some pics of my better ones so you all can take a look. Thank you so much Charl for the link!

The Mrs. and I pass a lot of the turf farms on our way to the beaches in Matunuck. Never actually hunted them, though. Those are huge fields by RI standards. Years ago, they were all potato and corn fields. Nice points you found as well. Good luck, those heavy thunderstorms we had should help....
 
The Mrs. and I pass a lot of the turf farms on our way to the beaches in Matunuck. Never actually hunted them, though. Those are huge fields by RI standards. Years ago, they were all potato and corn fields. Nice points you found as well. Good luck, those heavy thunderstorms we had should help....

If your on Facebook look up OSAR or Ocean State Artifact Recovery. It's s page that a few friends and I started to share some of our detecting finds, arrowheads, etc. like the page and hit us up if you want to go on a hunt. I grew up on one of the turf farms and I have permission to arrowhead hunt and detect a ton of fields.
 
Thanks everyone for all the feedback!
 
I have two comments on your stellar full groove axe...

1. Congratulations!

2. I'm sooooo jealous!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom