What's new

Stone axe or hatchet ?

ro401

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116050.505480.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116090.704805.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116131.048709.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471116170.410994.webp
Found this yesterday while out looking for arrowheads. I've never found anything like this before, I'm still a newbie. What is it ? How old is it? I found it in southern Rhode Island.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks
 
Looks alot like the ax but could be a hoe as well. very nice to get to find one.
 
I've been hunting arrowheads for a year now and have found 15 or do points and scrapers . When I picked this up off the ground yesterday my hands started shaking and I started yelling holy s#!t over and over.
 
Axe, nice find too, keep looking that area..




_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016
 
I'm going back first thing in the morning to spend the day. Only downfall is its a turf field and it's about to be seeded by the end of the week
 
I'm going back first thing in the morning to spend the day. Only downfall is its a turf field and it's about to be seeded by the end of the week

Make hay before they make grass! Short window on turf farms. It's a great full grooved axe you found. In this region, you can figure 3000-8000 years old. If you hunted the field over time, the type of points you find would help you get a better idea. But I would have been yelling as well, they don't come along often. Here is a page describing tools from here in southern New England, with full grooved axe at the top of page.

tools
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 168
My wife's name is Charlene and we all call her Charl. This has been my main field over the past year and most of the points I've found range 4000-6000 years old. I'll post some pics of my better ones so you all can take a look. Thank you so much Charl for the link!
 
Very nice axe I was hoping it wasnt going to be just a rock cobble.
 
Congrats on the find!
 
That is a beauty, Cool find! :icon_thumright:
 
That is a very exciting find! Beautiful!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom