GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This stone cone was brought into my office today and was found at a peanut plant by one of our farmers that knows I collect artifacts. Apparently, it came in with a load of peanuts from an unknown field and was thrown out by the sorting machine. I've on seen two others and both of them were smaller and made of green stone. Anyone have an idea of what they were used for? I guessed maybe a game piece.

Attachments

• Stone Cone (1).JPG
    Stone Cone (1).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • Stone Cone (1).JPG
    Stone Cone (1).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 642
  • Stone Cone (3).JPG
    Stone Cone (3).JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,358
  • Stone Cone.JPG
    Stone Cone.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 921
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GaRebel1861, that actually isn't a Cone. It is a Deburring Stone used to get burrs off of metal parts. I have found a few of those myself and at first thought they were Cones and a buddy of mine bought one at a Flea Market thinking it was a Cone and I had to break the bad news to him.

Check out this link and you can see some that look exactly like that one. Run your mouse across the pictures at the top and the third from the right has some just like that one.

http://gravcollc.com/tumbling-media/category/vibratory-finishing-machines/

Here's a picture of some.

plastic_media.jpg

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
The Grim Reaper said:
GaRebel1861, that actually isn't a Cone. It is a Deburring Stone used to get burrs off of metal parts. I have found a few of those myself and at first thought they were Cones and a buddy of mine bought one at a Flea Market thinking it was a Cone and I had to break the bad news to him.

Check out this link and you can see some that look exactly like that one. Run your mouse across the pictures at the top and the third from the right has some just like that one.

http://gravcollc.com/tumbling-media/category/vibratory-finishing-machines/

Here's a picture of some.

plastic_media.jpg
Steve is right.. deburring stone!

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing I didn't pay any money for this thing. Thanks for the information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread