Stop Trying to Entrap!!!

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Sorry to air this out here but I'm getting frustrated....

Over the last three weeks I have received no less than 6 Private Messages from 6 different newly-registered users claiming that they know of some really cool places to dive and sneak away with artifacts.

If any of these individuals are reading this, I AM NOT A LOOTER!!!! Stop wasting your time with this petty entrapment scheme and spend more time recovering the artifacts that you falsely claim to be protecting and preserving! All of my posts clearly indicate that I am into the historical preservation aspect and not into looting historical shipwrecks.

Give me a freakin' break already! While you're at it, contact Robert Overton at the Pensacola Historic Preservation Board and ask him about the guy who donates random finds in the bay.

For the rest of the folks on the forum, I apologize for having to waste space with this post. ;D

Pcola

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
VERY VERY INTERESTING.

Amazing what happens when I ban certain users who have consistently been on MY radar screen! >:(

Browser Beware!

I wish I had better news.

Please forward suspicious PM's to the moderators.

:(

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pcola,

There are lots of bottom feeders here.Just feed them the hook line an sinker an they will get the message.

Attachments

• bottomFeeder.jpg
    bottomFeeder.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 646

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I do not like "folks" who illegally try to grab things from protected areas -- I know of the location a couple great wrecks myself --- but sadly they are currently "tied up" in "aquatic preserve zone" a no go zone and until things are changed legally and / or a waiver is issued --- I would not touch a piece off of them -- because to do so is both illegal and down right foolish (if you do it your walking into a trap) --if you find a wreck and illegally loot it -- then the state grabs ya up (and most likely they will catch ya sooner or later ) you then will lose all you illegally gained and lots more -- first any rights to the wreck --kiss em good by --- second ---all the stuff you worked so hard getting up from the bottom --- you can kiss it bye bye too --- third if you sold some of the stuff for money **anything you bought using the tainted illegal gotten money is legally "forfieted" (hope and pray you weren't fool enough to use it for a house payment )---plus the gear used to do the illegal salvage (like a crooks break in tools---kiss em good by) dive tanks, boat,trailer and truck the works --- plus legal cost and lawyers fees and fines $$$$ --- then there is the possiblity of jail time --- (or at the very least -- being put on a legal leash for several years to be "jerked" around by the state when and if they feel like it (which of course you get to "pay for" --ie " probation") don't forget the IRS checking you out for "undisclosed" income --- P.S. dodging taxes is a crime that can can get you serious time --- between the state and feds -- you will get raped and robbed royally if you get busted looting a wreck illegally --so do it legal or leave it be guys , words for the wise to live by --- am I happy with the way things are at this time with finding a great wreck and not being able to profeit from it ? --- quite frankly hell no --- but am I going to break the laws and allow myself to get hung out to dry over it ? ---nope cuz this ole dog is smarter than to fall into that old trap --- Pcola I hate to hear that folks are trying this junk on ya --- the dang fools --- Ivan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pcola, some of these guys that send you PM's are archies and some no doubt are collectors. I've had the same trouble years ago before the internet. It was well known that they would hang around the dive shop where I went looking for info and such. It's just best if you "never find anything."

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Thanks for the advice. I frequently dive many of the known historical shipwrecks in my area as well as a few that I believe may be unknown and can honestly say I haven't looted any. I have found and turned in items that were exposed that I felt like would be looted by someone else. At least these are now sitting in our local museum. Would I turn in gold bars to the archies if by some freak twist of fate I actually found any? :-X I guess there's a bit of hypocracy to be found everywhere ;D

Pcola

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
i think they just want the stuff for them.and they shouldent steal it because its illegal.
so i no nothing about diving but givem the harpoon.
you guys have harpoons right?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the owner of a striker sportfish it is a tradition to have a harpoon on board at all times.

Attachments

• strikeravatar.jpg
    strikeravatar.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 547

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
It is lamentable that we don't have a system similar to england where people are encouraged to turn over historical finds and if they are taken they are paid a fair market price for them. That said there are some things that you will never be allowed to keep and can't legally sell. There are ways to make legal money off of these things.
You can't sell the dope you find but you are eligible for rewards for turning it in. Any military weapons can not be legally possessed by the finder because they are still the property of the federal government. They don't pay rewards but there is no law saying that you can't be a paid guide for a film crew for the local news station or a documentary maker. Put those folks on a short lease and call the feds after they have taken their photos. In the case of shipwrecks on protected ground talk to the local university and see if they have an alumni who wants to fund a legally sanctioned recovery and is willing to pay through the nose to be led to the site. All on the up and up and you get paid for your knowledge. Anyone footing the bill will expect to get the glory and praise so they can pay for it. You can cry all the way to the bank and as long as you pay your taxes what the hell can they do about it.? siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread