What's new

Straight out of the flint mine

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big piece I found at a mine site about 5 foot deep in the bank I just wanted to show it to everyone so they could see the starting point of all the nice artifacts we find
 

Attachments

  • image-552871258.webp
    image-552871258.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3295811540.webp
    image-3295811540.webp
    30 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3477386633.webp
    image-3477386633.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1407733517.webp
    image-1407733517.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3873075712.webp
    image-3873075712.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1786213851.webp
    image-1786213851.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
Centrfladigger, is that all coral you are finding. Great looking knapping rock.

The other rock shown in pictures is some sort of chert not flint. Don't think there is any flint in America unless you find it along the eastern coast line where it was dumped from ships that was used as ballast. But I can't hardly get two geologists to agree on what I wrote.

No geologist would agree with that.. it's just incorrect.
CFD.. that's the stuff.
Thanks.
Larson.. there are huge slabs of it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom