What's new

Straight shaft question

fire1234

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Looking to get a straight shaft for my excal II 800. Looking at the Andersons from Kellyco, noticed they had a regular side mount long shaft, and a new one that is a over/under model. Any suggestions on which is a better set-up? Also I'm 6'1" and I need a few more inches to fit my comfort level than what the stock shaft gives. Will the straight shafts give me anymore length?
 
Upvote 0
snooksion2 said:
made one for mine

Snook where did you find that grip? It looks like alum, is it?
 
You can get them at bike shops, they are called handlebar extensions. Might even be at Wally World.
 
I've been trolling the bike section at Wally World for the last year or so and have not found one I liked. Also most of the ones I do find are Steel. I would much rather have alum. for the obvious reasons.

Also I like the form factor of that one he has there.
 
BareBones said:
I've been trolling the bike section at Wally World for the last year or so and have not found one I liked. Also most of the ones I do find are Steel. I would much rather have alum. for the obvious reasons.

Also I like the form factor of that one he has there

I have an identical pair, I got them at Bike World.
 
Here my pictures of my wading rig and my snorkling rig!!

Ken
 

Attachments

  • diveshaft.webp
    diveshaft.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG00208-20100603-1113.webp
    IMG00208-20100603-1113.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 447
Like the Peltor 101's on the excal HawaiiMDer....nice!

You Hunters in Florida really got yout shafts tricked out..I like'm...

Barebones...South MIA? Very Nice place to live and hunt.....and really I can think of only one other place I would rather be...Hawaii
 
The peltor mod was awesome!!! Did it awhile ago!!!!!! Now I'm going to mod my 1 month old Excalibur 2 800 with underwater ear buds so it's more comfortable when i snorkel with it. Using a mask and snorkel with headphones is horrible, especially with stock headphones that like to come off easy. So......going to cut them off and splice the earbuds. There is absolutely no other place i would rather be, than in HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha,

Ken
 
I'm one of those rare Miami natives and 3rd generation at that, it's kind of love hate being here. Remove 3/4 of the population and get rid of the local government and it would be paradise again.

I detected in Hawaii last November and stayed with family for two weeks there on Maui. We went to a few other islands, but I have to say, I really enjoyed Maui. It is one of the most unique places I have been on the planet.

The family would love for us to move there, but I would be scared trying to make a living there.

Mahalo,
Joe
 
BareBones said:
I'm one of those rare Miami natives and 3rd generation at that, it's kind of love hate being here. Remove 3/4 of the population and get rid of the local government and it would be paradise again.

I detected in Hawaii last November and stayed with family for two weeks there on Maui. We went to a few other islands, but I have to say, I really enjoyed Maui. It is one of the most unique places I have been on the planet.

The family would love for us to move there, but I would be scared trying to make a living there.

Mahalo,
Joe

And your fears would be legitimate, as getting jobs here that pays you enough to support a family are very difficult to come by. I have to tell you Maui is a very nice island too!! I love it there!!

Aloha,

Ken
 
What do you guys think is better on length? I know it's a personal preference, but my controls are behind my elbow.
When I made it I pretty much didn't cut it down, I'm not tall either so I'm sure it's way too long.
For those of you who have tried controls at elbow and past elbow, what felt better to you? I'm definitely not going back to
stock position even if straight shaft. Before I cut mine down (or replace it with better tubing), I wanna hear feedback.

I like the look of some of the short at elbow ones but wonder if the balance is bad.

This is my setup, sorry for the cell pic.

dscn3584f.jpg
 
What ever works best and feels the most comfortable is what matters most. Mine is behind my elbow my bicep being just less then midway on controls......
 
its here
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3181.webp
    IMG_3181.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3182.webp
    IMG_3182.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 307
Florida Bill, that shaft has some magic mojo! With that shark on the side.......Hey, I need the tubing size for my Garrett Infinium, the factoy shaft is worst then the excals...
 
OldeBeechnut said:
Florida Bill, that shaft has some magic mojo! With that shark on the side.......Hey, I need the tubing size for my Garrett Infinium, the factoy shaft is worst then the excals...

I don't have that but your right and all we did was fill the lower tube with epoxy and it fixed the problem.......
 
Hey Bill, how long is the shaft , (the green part)?
Setup looks good.
 
SYKO said:
Hey Bill, how long is the shaft , (the green part) and overall length?
Setup looks good.

the green part is 44"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom