Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMAG0461.jpg

Used the 5x8", Stock, and Nel Tornado, each one day.

I don't feel a difference.

What is different is you and up losing leverage with the Nel. You have to add length to the shaft to keep from picking up signals from boot grommets as you walk.

My two cents, save your money.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the review, I have been thinking of getting one. Saved me some $$$

CaptjimUP

Oct 17, 2015
Chassell, MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wanted one too. Maybe I'll just go against the grain and add some weight on the cuff end to balance it out instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1238718

What is different is you and up losing leverage with the Nel. You have to add length to the shaft to keep from picking up signals from boot grommets as you walk.

Don't wear boots with grommets,while using large coils

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
View attachment 1238718

Extending the shaft is poor body mechanics. It adds leverage and stress to both elbow and shoulder. Expect muscular-skeletal problems if you lengthen the lower rod to produce a larger ark with your coil.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extending the shaft is poor body mechanics. It adds leverage and stress to both elbow and shoulder. Expect muscular-skeletal problems if you lengthen the lower rod to produce a larger ark with your coil.

Throw a harness on it and you will never have problems...

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here is another review of the Anderson Shaft on a Garrett AT Pro

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Rick67. I have been asking around and could not get an honest answer. Glad you posted as I too was ready to drop come coin on a straight SHAFT. Think I will make myself up a swinging harness and see how it feels.

OP
OP
rick67

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Rick67. I have been asking around and could not get an honest answer. Glad you posted as I too was ready to drop come coin on a straight SHAFT. Think I will make myself up a swinging harness and see how it feels.

I've used a 1/4" bungee for some time. If you are on level ground it'll lighten the load. If you are traversing up and down hills, not so helpful.
I use a day pack and have it attached to the grab handle on the top of the pack. Just make sure you add some sort of quick connect at the shaft.
A sling will help you, good luck with it.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used a 1/4" bungee for some time. If you are on level ground it'll lighten the load. If you are traversing up and down hills, not so helpful.
I use a day pack and have it attached to the grab handle on the top of the pack. Just make sure you add some sort of quick connect at the shaft.
A sling will help you, good luck with it.

Thank you. Going to try and whip something up this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread