Strange bullet and other smashed led help! Champion toy gun!

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Had a great day yesturday, I got as close to Fort Vancouver, WA as I dared.

Found amazing things here is a couple. Another person said the smashed led was civil war era fired bullet, but what do you guys think. I also found a zippo, a 1950 license plate (it's soaking right now) a couple buttons, here is another button I need help identifying

HH my friends..

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the first one is a 7.62 NATO blank. Which is equivalent to a .308. The headstamp means, Lake City Arsenal 1976. 30-06 had been phased out of military use with the withdrawal of the M1 Garand from service, except for some limited use in Springfield rifles.....

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Designed to cycle in a machine gun.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnChase1989

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, no one hardly responds anymore. I thought this was a community. Thank you to the ones who actually took the time, I appreciate it

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I don't know what other help anyone can give here. I don't think people aren't interested in helping, but that chunk of lead is pretty much unidentifiable, the button looks old, but without more info (type of construction, backmark if any) there's not much to go on. People here want to help and will, but they need as much info as you can give them to make an ID.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnChase1989

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wasn't complaining or *****ing about it not being identified Nola, I was simply asking about the button and the bullet casing, and sharing what else i found. i know a hunk of led has no chance. I was stating that no one replies like they use too. Before when I posted everyone discussed. As time went on that stopped. My opinion..

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JohnChase1989! Your pistol appears to be a S&W .32 caliber break open!! If you look on the side of the barrel facing you, the manufactures name and caliber should be printed there!! Great Finds!! GOOD HUNTING!! CONGRATS!! VERDE!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JohnChase1989

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It does seem to be pretty slow all around lately, I'd like to be able to help with the button though. Is it marked on the back?

No it has nothing, it's strange the back had two metal triangles identically the same feel and look as the button they each had the point going to the middle >< like that.
image.jpg
The one upside down is the back of the button from my original post

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions