What's new

strange button today .. any ideas? Many Thanks !!

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,352
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
1 piece pewter no backmarks .. cuff size .. 15 mm
 

Attachments

  • button6:11:11.webp
    button6:11:11.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 236
  • butto:cleaned.webp
    butto:cleaned.webp
    47 KB · Views: 226
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

don't know what it is, but I'm gonna watch to see what the answer is. nice button
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

looks like a coin that I have seen before but can't place
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

Cres, very nice Colonial pewter button! :icon_thumleft: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

Breezie said:
Cres, very nice Colonial pewter button! :icon_thumleft: Breezie

Thanks Breezie! Just for fun, here is a pic of the back. Well made little bugger!
 

Attachments

  • buttonback.webp
    buttonback.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 206
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

Nice find, it may be part of a cufflink, Tice lists a similar one with same construction as a cufflink, the one in his book has two arrows with a Flaming Heart, yours has the arrows with the crosses, so not sure of any significance, but probably represents something cool! Mid 1700s most likely, maybe a tad earlier, maybe a tad later, but a nice addtion to your collection.

Don
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

Don in SJ said:
Nice find, it may be part of a cufflink, Tice lists a similar one with same construction as a cufflink, the one in his book has two arrows with a Flaming Heart, yours has the arrows with the crosses, so not sure of any significance, but probably represents something cool! Mid 1700s most likely, maybe a tad earlier, maybe a tad later, but a nice addtion to your collection.

Don

Cool! Thanks Don .. I never thought about its being a cufflink. I will see if I can find the one you mention in Tice's book. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

Its not pewter, but is 17th C :o Nice early piece for the US :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

CRUSADER said:
Its not pewter, but is 17th C :o Nice early piece for the US :headbang:

Holy Cow .. 17th Century!! .. That would be the earliest piece I have ever found!
Can you tell me anything more about it Crusader?
Thanks!!!! :blob7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

creskol said:
CRUSADER said:
Its not pewter, but is 17th C :o Nice early piece for the US :headbang:

Holy Cow .. 17th Century!! .. That would be the earliest piece I have ever found!
Can you tell me anything more about it Crusader?
Thanks!!!! :blob7:
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=3596&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10788&cat=all

What do you want to know :dontknow: All I know is its 17th C :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

CRUSADER said:
creskol said:
CRUSADER said:
Its not pewter, but is 17th C :o Nice early piece for the US :headbang:

Holy Cow .. 17th Century!! .. That would be the earliest piece I have ever found!
Can you tell me anything more about it Crusader?
Thanks!!!! :blob7:
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=3596&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10788&cat=all

What do you want to know :dontknow: All I know is its 17th C :hello2:

Your links told me all I need! Many Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Re: strange button today .. any ideas?

creskol said:
CRUSADER said:
creskol said:
CRUSADER said:
Its not pewter, but is 17th C :o Nice early piece for the US :headbang:

Holy Cow .. 17th Century!! .. That would be the earliest piece I have ever found!
Can you tell me anything more about it Crusader?
Thanks!!!! :blob7:
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=3596&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10788&cat=all

What do you want to know :dontknow: All I know is its 17th C :hello2:

Your links told me all I need! Many Thanks!

OK.

I like finding these, only have a small collection & all individually hand incised or stamped, very primitive which is why I like them & rate them as a good find over here, so a triple bonus over there :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
730
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
570

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom