Strange day at the beach

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Went to the beach again this morning. Finding the usual clad when I happen upon a bunch of scattered pennies. I thought someone might've just threw them there to bust my horns. Anyway I'm trying to find them all when I start finding junk earings.Then a gold earing,then a set of earings still attached to the plastic holder. I see lipsticks, lotions, eyeliner pencils, perfumes etc. Well I spent another good hour trying to find the other gold earing since I had found sets of them, but no luck finding it. I must say it was fun.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,078
Upvote 0

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT
Very interesting day and finds... At least you can get out right now and do some hunting. Thanks for sharing your incredible finds.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,
There was a story on TNet not to long ago about someone finding a large cache of jewelry that was still on the display card at a beach in HI and it turned out to be from a jewelry store robbery. Maybe some one broke into one of those mall kiosk that sell inexpensive jewelry and took the money and other items then went to the beach which would be empty at night to see what they had. Or it could just be someone that hates earrings and pennies. Nice finds.
HH

John

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like some lady may have spilled her purse!!

Nice haul! I love the beach!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul~

HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee Mike, you had some finds! :o I was trying to compare one of your earrings with the one I found. They both have the filigree look, hanging/dangling...I'm thinking mine may of had the same hanging mechanism, not sure. The "flower" with the stone sort of looks alike. It's hard to tell with yours laying down. Can you get another pic with it hanging? Tks!

;) RR

Attachments

• index.php (5).jpg
    index.php (5).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 581
  • index.php (4).jpg
    index.php (4).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 586

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
What a fine haul from the beach Mike. If they hadn't have been on plastic tags I'd would have said, keep digging there's a female down there somewhere.

Nice to hear you got out for some quality time. Thanks for sharing and keep swinging.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
paul1410 said:
Hi Mike, Interesting post and pics. Love beach hunting.
What beach was this at? Close to the dunes or near the water?
Actually in the middle of the dunes and water. Too close to the water is frozen. Might've been something someone stole. Also found 3 pairs of little girl dress up shoes and a new looking Barbie doll. You never know what you'll find.
Mike in NJ

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Mike95inNJ said:
paul1410 said:
Hi Mike, Interesting post and pics. Love beach hunting.
What beach was this at? Close to the dunes or near the water?
Actually in the middle of the dunes and water. Too close to the water is frozen. Might've been something someone stole. Also found 3 pairs of little girl dress up shoes and a new looking Barbie doll. You never know what you'll find.
Mike in NJ

I thought about the stolen purse thing too... but the toys don't make sense. ???
Pretty neat either way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread