What's new

Strange day.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Today started ok. As the day progressed, it just got weird. I have never seen such look at some stuff I found

image-101157453.webp



image-2676984698.webp



image-1699242873.webp

Ain't that a stomach turner? Now look at this thing. Was it made this way?

image-1434503014.webp



image-1860271198.webp

Oh yeah one more odd ball!

image-4187904729.webp



image-3564527330.webp

Tell me what that is!!! I ain't even posting the rest.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like you were on a roll today.
 
Looks like material was plentiful and they did not hesitate to chunk and start over. Could be a very good area. Good luck.
 
Looks like you are in a good spot. That Celt is sweet and the damage is use wear which isnt bad. What type of stone is it made from? I have a couple made from Granite but arent as nice as yours.
 
rock said:
Looks like you are in a good spot. That Celt is sweet and the damage is use wear which isnt bad. What type of stone is it made from? I have a couple made from Granite but arent as nice as yours.

Not really sure what the lithic is. It is smooth as can be at a couple of spots. It was damaged by a plow for the most part. Some of the damage is use. It had to have been a pretty thing when it was polished all over.
 
Yea lets see the hardstone caught my eye ,nice haul NC .
 
iowa trout said:
Yea lets see the hardstone caught my eye ,nice haul NC .

I hate to see any artifact damaged due to modern life, but damaged hard stone just kills me. I don't see how polished hard stone could be mistaken for a rock by anyone. Yet, the tractor rolls on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom