What's new

Strange find

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
I've been hunting almost every day but not finding much to post. I did manage to find my first gold ring of 2011 yesterday but it is a small 10k ring. Still, gold is gold and I'll take it gladly! :wink:

Ring05121110k2g.jpg

Today I drove 130 miles (round trip) and wasted gas for very little. Yes, I enjoyed myself but was disappointed in my finds. I could have done just as well by staying close to home. But I did come up with one strange find.

051311.jpg

There appears to be some etching or writing on one side but I just cannot make it out. The edge of the whole thing is beveled and very sharp.

Thing0513111.jpg

Close up on the end where I am not sure if this is a design or not.

Thing0513112.jpg

Any ideas? :o
 
Upvote 0
It's tough making those long road trips and getting skunked. Glad you found that gold though. It's just enough to keep you going, isn't it?

As to the mystery metal, I haven' t got a clue! :icon_scratch:
 
WTG

Congratulation on the first gold find, it has been tough this year.

No idea on the "what's it"
 
:dontknow: i dunno!!!!!!! migt just be some encrustation.
 
Mumszie, congrats on a very pretty gold ring find! :hello2:

The mystery item ....sorry I can't help with ID'ing it

Lorraine
 
Congrats on the GOLD :icon_thumright:
The mystery item looks almost like a bottle opener.
 
Congrats on the gold ring . :hello2:. No idea on mystery item however.
 
TOO BAD I CAN NOT SEE IT UP CLOSE --HOWS THOSE "GOLD SETTINGS" WORKING OUT FER YA?
 
I tried to find something on the net ............ But no luck ....... i have no idea what it is....
 
Nice ring Mumsie, metal looks like some metal that was melted in a beach bonfire.......
 
congrats on the gold!! I thought I got one a few weeks ago, but alas..titanium. ugh.
 
Glad to see your pounding the surf! I'm working on it! :icon_thumleft:
 
Glad to see you got gold.!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom